Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

4.6L Cracked Intake Manifold Repair

sheebeehuh
12-13-2005, 09:28 AM
Good information about the problem. Detailed instructions on how to repair it yourself and save some big $'s on labor.

www.autoclinix.com

peppermrj
12-13-2005, 04:25 PM
Good information about the problem. Detailed instructions on how to repair it yourself and save some big $'s on labor.

www.autoclinix.com
Thanxs for the link.

455_SS
01-17-2006, 03:29 PM
Ford did a recall on some intakes...i did not read the link but before you pay anything call dealership to see if the recall applies to you have your VIN number on hand.. i've had two crown vics and each was covered. they will not fix ignition coils,plugs, or oxygen sensors that might have gotten damaged due to leak...they will change intake free of charge

455_SS
01-17-2006, 03:30 PM
Ford did a recall on some intakes...i did not read the link but before you pay anything call dealership to see if the recall applies to you have your VIN number on hand.. i've had two crown vics and each was covered. they will not fix ignition coils,plugs, or oxygen sensors that might have gotten damaged due to leak...they will change intake free of charge

rlsc98
01-24-2006, 08:13 PM
I just bought a 97 cv lx, and the guy i bought it from already had it replaced,because it had cracked and was spraying fuel out near the fan. I had heard it is a decent size job..Glad I dont have to do it..

Mr.Organ
01-25-2006, 03:23 PM
My car is leaking rad fluid, its coming from around the top of the thermostat housing.. does anyone know how to fix this? Im hoping its not the damn manifold:banghead:

sheebeehuh
01-25-2006, 04:28 PM
My car is leaking rad fluid, its coming from around the top of the thermostat housing.. does anyone know how to fix this? Im hoping its not the damn manifold:banghead:

The most common thing to check is your upper radiator hose. It could be split or leaking due to a loose or broken clamp at the thermostat housing. It's possible that your thermostat housing gasket is bad, or that the housing itself is cracked (although not likely). First step is determine where, exactly the leak is coming from. Coolant is under pressure when it's hot and it can spray all over the place; making it "look" like the leak is coming from somewhere else.

Normally, a ruptured manifold is going to dump coolant very quickly and cause your to overheat in a matter of minutes. If you have a slow leak it's probably not a ruptured manifold.

What year car and how many miles?

peppermrj
01-25-2006, 05:14 PM
What year and how many miles?

Mr.Organ
02-19-2006, 09:41 PM
its a 96 with 323 000 kms, i took the hose off and found that the thermostat housing was cracked so i used cold weld on it and dumped sum stop leak in and it has been 1000kms so far and nothing.. so ill keep my eye on it.. i appreciate all the help . thank-you and take care

Add your comment to this topic!