Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fuse panel location?

TAG781
12-12-2005, 03:32 PM
My cigarrete lighter and interior lights are not working. I checked the fuse box under the hood and all the fuses are good. Is there a second fuse panel inside the car? If so where is it located? I looked everywhere and didnt see anything. Or is there something else I should be looking for? Thanks.

meatloaf
12-12-2005, 08:24 PM
My cigarrete lighter and interior lights are not working. I checked the fuse box under the hood and all the fuses are good. Is there a second fuse panel inside the car? If so where is it located? I looked everywhere and didnt see anything. Or is there something else I should be looking for? Thanks.

The interior fuse box is located under a plastic cover. Left end of dashboard. Pull the latch under dash and the panel drops down. Cover pops off.

meatloaf
12-12-2005, 08:43 PM

The interior fuse box is located under a plastic cover. Left end of dashboard. Pull the latch under dash and the panel drops down. Cover pops off.

TAG781
12-15-2005, 07:17 AM

Is it a black plastic cover, underneath the steering column? That is the only cover I could see that could be pulled off. I didn't have much time to check it out. I will later on today. Thanks.

meatloaf
12-15-2005, 03:05 PM
yes that would be it.

TAG781
12-16-2005, 10:42 AM
I took the cover off. Definately no fuse box under there... Any other ideas? It's a 97 DeVille if that makes a difference. I don't know where else to check... I might just go buy a service manual. I don't have the owners manual...

DFBonnett
12-16-2005, 04:11 PM
http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/resources-cad.html#om

TAG781
12-16-2005, 09:10 PM
http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/resources-cad.html#om

Cool, thanks...

TAG781
12-20-2005, 06:27 PM
Hey guys. I checked all the fuses and they all looked good. Are there any other fuses or relays that could have blown that would make the interior lights and ciggarete lighter not work?? I need help! Please any info would be appreciated. TIA!!!

Caddytech
12-20-2005, 08:03 PM
There the fuse bolck under the hood and one in the trunk behind the carpet on the back side of the rear back seat but accessed through the trunk--

Add your comment to this topic!