Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

LHS has a power surge while driving at various speeds--scary,

codette
12-12-2005, 02:03 PM
While driving at various speeds my LHS will go from say 70 mph down to 20 mph very quickly and then return back to the original speed of 70mph--happens so very fast and is real scary, no check engine lights come on and the dealer can't get it to do it while they have it, but once back to me it will reoccur---anyone have this happen to them, if so what was it?

msimos
12-15-2005, 08:24 PM
[QUOTE=codette]While driving at various speeds my LHS will go from say 70 mph down to 20 mph very quickly and then return back to the original speed of 70mph--happens so very fast and is real scary, no check engine lights come on and the dealer can't get it to do it while they have it, but once back to me it will reoccur---anyone have this happen to them, if so what was it? [/QUOTE msimos] '94 LHS rapid slow down in speed between 55 and 60 mph. It has been quite inconsistent. This loss of power also occurs from time to time at lower speeds. I had the trans fluid changed today, same problem exists. I've learned that this transmission requires a special kind of fluid.

TnTSmith
04-06-2006, 07:52 PM
My 99 LHS was doing the same, dash lights flickering, tach going crazy and just as fast as it started, it stops. My problem got much worse, left me stranded a couple of times, and then started burning #4 ignition coil. Had to replace the coil 2 times, burned the first one before I figured out it wasn't just the coil. Have replaced the PCM, and the camshaft sensor. All the problems have stopped except now occasionally it won't crank. And then all of a sudden it cranks and everything is fine. I finally figured out what the LHS stands for, lousy, hopeless and SORRY!

Add your comment to this topic!