Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Drilled and slotted rotors

hennigm4
12-12-2005, 07:54 AM
Anyone have any experience with the drilled and slotted brake rotors? Any benifit to using them over regular rotors? Whats the life span of them?

bigrod118
12-14-2005, 05:19 AM
ANYTHING on these cars are better tahn stock. our stock braking system sucks. but I got some drilled and slotted rotors off ebay, and had then on now since begginning of summer and havent had any problems, they get a better bite when braking, not as noisey as I thought they might be.

billyo69
12-14-2005, 06:45 AM
The stock rotors suck.But i was afraid to try the drilled ones thinking they would be to thin(not enough metal).On race cars the slotted or drilled ones are real thick (good heavy metal) and our calipers would need to be changed to fit them.

bigrod118
12-14-2005, 03:17 PM
as long as you buy replcement ones, made for our vehicle you dont have to change anything, except the rotors....

like I said, I got mine on ebay, and they were for the 00 - 05 impala, if you buy rotors for a civic, yes you will ahve to change stuff to make them fit, so just buy ones for the impala. they are all direct replacement.

victimizati0n
12-17-2005, 04:45 PM
getting drilled and slotted rotors for an impala is a waste of money.

Add your comment to this topic!