Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1995 deville no heat

kuhar
12-11-2005, 05:39 PM
I have a 95 deville the heater doesn`t blow hot air. There is some warmth. I even thought that it intermitedly blows warm air. I had the cooling system flushed and it didn`t help. I don`t know if this has any thing to do with it or not but I was having problems before with the air conditioning kicking on. The Cadillac garage installed new compressor dryer and evacuated the hole system and at the end of $$$$$$$ still was not working. I had a friend that was a backyard mechanic wire in a switch to turn on the compressor. Works so good it almost snows. Can`t run defrost with switch on or freezes up and if you forget to shut switch off battery will run down. Oh well thats my story can any one help me get my feet warm this cold cold winter?

Caddytech
12-20-2005, 07:45 PM
I have a 95 deville the heater doesn`t blow hot air. There is some warmth. I even thought that it intermitedly blows warm air. I had the cooling system flushed and it didn`t help. I don`t know if this has any thing to do with it or not but I was having problems before with the air conditioning kicking on. The Cadillac garage installed new compressor dryer and evacuated the hole system and at the end of $$$$$$$ still was not working. I had a friend that was a backyard mechanic wire in a switch to turn on the compressor. Works so good it almost snows. Can`t run defrost with switch on or freezes up and if you forget to shut switch off battery will run down. Oh well thats my story can any one help me get my feet warm this cold cold winter?You probally have a clogged heater core it sounds like-

kuhar
12-20-2005, 07:53 PM
You probally have a clogged heater core it sounds like-
Thanks.....I hope not. We are going to try changing the thermostat since it seems to have a little more heat when its standing still.

kuhar
12-22-2005, 08:18 PM
Changed the thermostat: Has enough heat now to heat two cars.......I should have checked that first instead of assuming it was a high tech problem.

Add your comment to this topic!