Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

thermostate location

99`_grand_am
12-10-2005, 11:04 AM
could someone post me a picture of were the thermostate would be located on a 99 grand am se 2.4? because i think mines going out and i need to put a new one in. thanks.

zirb
12-10-2005, 11:08 AM
just follow your top rad hose and it should take you right to it. You will have to take the hose off at the housing, then take the housing off the engine. Be careful with the wrenches. It should be a alummin block.

xeroinfinity
12-10-2005, 06:48 PM
could someone post me a picture of were the thermostate would be located on a 99 grand am se 2.4? because i think mines going out and i need to put a new one in. thanks.

Well for your 2.4 its under the car. I dont hav a pic handy or I'd post it.
On the passanger side, up under the motor. You will see a black metal tube(the bottom radiator hose is metal) follow it up and you'll see it.

You will hav to hav the car up on jack stands or a lift is really nice. It is a pita! Not that its a hard job, just hard to get to. Definatlly test the thermostat with some boiling water, this isnt something you'll want to do twice in one week, and it is possible to buy a new defective thermo. Hope this helps u out.

Add your comment to this topic!