Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

To race or not to race

94LT1formulaV8
12-09-2005, 11:45 PM
k i got a stock 94 lt1 formula and this kid in my high school keeps sayin he wants to race me. and one day i was like if you have a good 300$ ill race you no problem, so the next week the kid brings 300$ to school and was like what now. So i was like give me a lil wile and ill see. So this kids got a 04(i think) clica Gt "gold special) or some crap. I want to no if ima come out 300$ richer or poorer. plz help

ikeyballz
12-10-2005, 03:26 AM
clica? celica? im pretty sure u mean celica. if it is the celica, the 04 one and its not an al-trac (awd celica)

its pumping out only 180hp MAX. (133 ft/lb)

if its the GT-S 6 speed it will run 0-60 in ~ 6.6
1/4 mile in 15.2 mph, maybe 14.6 if it has intake/exhaust.

if that thing has a turbo, you might be in trouble. go ask the guy to pop his hood before u race him.

and in my opinion..the 00-04 celica is a girls car :B

good luck ;]

importeater38
12-10-2005, 07:34 PM
you should destroy him, he is either an idiot or there is something wrong with the story.

Mr. Luos
12-10-2005, 07:50 PM
I can't imagine his car is stock if he is willing to put up $300.

CreepingDeath94
12-10-2005, 08:12 PM
I had a '94 Trans-Am auto. and it averaged a 14.5 quarter with over 100K miles and only a shift kit. It also wasn't running right as the number eight valve seal was leaking fouling up my plug. That being said, if this kid is willing to put up $300 to race you, he probably is just an idiot who's seen The Fast and the Furious too many times or something. Unless his car isnt stock, you should be able to take him.

ikeyballz
12-11-2005, 03:19 PM
I can't imagine his car is stock if he is willing to put up $300.

hehe maybe hes a ricer x]

Matt365
12-11-2005, 05:57 PM
hehe maybe hes a ricer x]

or just a kid with rich parents that will buy him any thing he wants. :headshake

FormulaLT1
12-11-2005, 06:00 PM
I wouldn't do it. You never know what someone with too much time on there hands did to there car. If he is willing throw money up that quick. I would be a little worried if I where you.

doodad
12-12-2005, 12:24 PM
celica??? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

go ahead man... first act like you scared and make him want to race with u much much more and than ask more money and he will be willing to pay more and go race with him, destroy him:D man, he must be out of his mind..

anyway, GOOD KILL (from now)

doodad
12-12-2005, 12:29 PM
I wouldn't do it. You never know what someone with too much time on there hands did to there car. If he is willing throw money up that quick. I would be a little worried if I where you.

l dont think so..

in my culture, we say this; if somebody talks too much, then he is nothing. he cant do anything.

also, we say, dont scared of person who talks to much, scare of person, who is silent.

l hope you will understand what l mean..

daveshapellSVT
12-14-2005, 01:07 PM
either he's a poser or he has some nitrous in that thing. they really don't make many parts for those cars just your basic bolt ons and mayboe a couple turbo kits out there. seeing how he's a highschool kid i highly doubt he is smart enough to put together a turbo kit. he probably has some nitrous cause thats what all highschool posers use to run slow times lol heres the deal if it is a GTS and he is running nitrous there is a chance he will beat you. now if its the base model you'll take him all day. find out more about his car before you committ to the race. if he has bolt ons race him.

~redlinels1~
12-14-2005, 02:10 PM
Make him pop his hood. If he is stock you'll destrory him.

And like it was mentioned before. The shit talkers are always the ones that think they are fast...well most of the time anyway. Its the guys hiding back in the corner you need to be worried about.

daveshapellSVT
12-14-2005, 05:42 PM
yea let us know what you find out.

Add your comment to this topic!