Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

civic vs scion

tipota
12-09-2005, 09:21 PM
i drive a 95 civic dx and my friend from work has a scion xa, i think a 2002. my car is standard with just an intake, and his is automatic with no mods. anyways, i raced him before wiht my dads 98 altima automatic, and he beat me. but now i have my civic so i challenged him to another race. we did about a quarter mile, starting from a light, and i won by 3 car lengths. he had nothign on me after i took off from the light. they may both me slow cars, but he got pwned!

knorwj
12-10-2005, 10:50 AM
i drive a 95 civic dx and my friend from work has a scion xa, i think a 2002. my car is standard with just an intake, and his is automatic with no mods. anyways, i raced him before wiht my dads 98 altima automatic, and he beat me. but now i have my civic so i challenged him to another race. we did about a quarter mile, starting from a light, and i won by 3 car lengths. he had nothign on me after i took off from the light. they may both me slow cars, but he got pwned!

haha I love how you say " but now I have my civic" like everyone should be shakin' in there boots! haha awesome.

Schister66
12-10-2005, 10:52 AM
^^ :iagree: but nice kill by the way

dxasaurus
12-10-2005, 02:11 PM

No offense, because I'm in the same boat as you, but I figured an altima would be a bit quicker than a civic dx. They may weigh more, but they have a good(not good, but ya know) 150hp and 160+ torque.

And as far as the xa, it looks sharp, but a young male in his late teens or so was speeding around in one w/ a fancy exhaust and what sounded like an intake. We ended up at the same light(one of the many that merges into one lane) and I ate him alive w/ the camry. I don't feel like looking it up but they make the same horsepower as a dx, I believe, but weight a bit less... maybe not? I'd assume the auto would smell of rotting fish.>_<

slow_99integra
12-10-2005, 02:29 PM
dude not to be an asshole, but messin with a scion xa, xb, or n/A xc is like picking on the handycapped. You should just not do it. it's wrong. They are slow. They don't need to be reminded how slow they are. But good story tho

dxasaurus
12-10-2005, 02:41 PM
dude not to be an asshole, but messin with a scion xa, xb, or n/A xc is like picking on the handycapped. You should just not do it. it's wrong. They are slow. They don't need to be reminded how slow they are. But good story tho
Both his and my cars are slow, so I don't see what's wrong with a fair match.:P

slow_99integra
12-10-2005, 02:46 PM
i suppose your correct. I personally don't fuck with them. Not worth it.

Ace$nyper
12-10-2005, 04:05 PM
haha I love how you say " but now I have my civic" like everyone should be shakin' in there boots! haha awesome.
I am fearful.

Lockdown_2001
12-11-2005, 06:52 PM
Whats funny is that there are people who will buy a scion xb xa, what have you, and then expect it to be fast. I could imagine one of those boxy little things with an exhaust, haha
faaaaaaaaart (grind) faaaaaaaaaart!

Schister66
12-11-2005, 07:11 PM
I am fearful.

When you're cruising in the LS1 and you see an Xa, you get off that road and hide until the big bad box is gone... :p

carbuzzard
12-11-2005, 07:15 PM
may both me slow cars, but he got pwned!

There's something to be said for having slow cars: You can race and no on need know but you and the guy you're racing. Saves a lot of hassle with the cops, etc...
:lol2:

Schister66
12-11-2005, 07:32 PM
:1:

dxasaurus
12-12-2005, 05:28 PM
There's something to be said for having slow cars: You can race and no on need know but you and the guy you're racing. Saves a lot of hassle with the cops, etc...
:lol2:
True, not to mention it's like having a a 250cc bike as opposed to a liter bike. Sometimes it feels satisfying to be able to lay on the trottle and not have to worry about the consequences as much.

civicblumagik021
12-14-2005, 11:30 AM
i would kill both the civic and the scion...in reverse...silly ricer

Ace$nyper
12-14-2005, 12:03 PM
I'd kill your car point being?

slow_99integra
12-22-2005, 02:34 PM

No seriously whats your point...i would kill your car too. Maybe not it says "FAST AS HELL" in your sig. that must be true. i'm scared.

knorwj
12-22-2005, 03:34 PM

dude you're more of a ricer than any of the people you have been calling ricers. You have the worst ricer mentality than anyone i've seen post in awhile. So why don'y you just chill out. The guy openly admitted to having a slow car, he was having some fun and screwing with another slow car, how does that make him a ricer? If anything I consider rice to be the little douchebag running around saying their car is the fatsest blah blah and that they can beat anything on the road... oh wait thats you.... silly ricer.

dxasaurus
12-22-2005, 05:37 PM
No seriously whats your point...i would kill your car too. Maybe not it says "FAST AS HELL" in your sig. that must be true. i'm scared.

If he consideres that pos 'fast as hell' as it claims in his sig, I wonder if he'll go into cardiac arrest the day he gets to sit shotgun in a real car.:O

I'm betting on the cam shooting out and killing an old lady, followed by a lawsuit leaving him with no money to pay for his child support or new car.

tipota
12-23-2005, 08:50 AM

what do you mean ricer? i didnt win because of my f***ing vtec decals

Schister66
12-23-2005, 10:49 PM
:eek7: :loser:

Add your comment to this topic!