Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Since there hasn't been a half decent written kill in a while...

dxasaurus
12-09-2005, 05:51 PM
Let the kid with crappy grammar and poor imagination write one.:)
If you don't remember me, I was the one who wrote the true story of my extremely dirt slow civic dx pulling about a fender on a 10 year old 130k mile+ riced out mustang v6. Well, my car is just as slow as it was but you guys actually enjoyed the story so I guess I'll do another since I bored.=)

I haven't been driving the civic much lately. I don't want to explain the reasons why, but I acquired a 2003 Camry with some good torque and it's nice and comfy so I've been sticking to that. This story is about a few months old from when I saw still cruising in the civic. It was me vs. a '91 Ford tempo base model.

Anyway, we are both down to earth and don't think our cars are fast. He heard of me beating the stupid slow '95 v6 stang by a fender and thought I was a god. I assured him that my only mods were a cheap intake from a local ricer shop and freshly changed oil. He now wanted to try his luck with me.

One day, after class let's out, we take the same way to our respected homes to which we'd retire for the night. It's a two lane road. A half mile down, the right lane merges onto highway 99 and the left leads into cumberland. He pulls up along side me I'm doing about 35. He guns it, I gun it a half second later. Our high performance automatics both downshift to 2 and he gets a fender jump ahead and then some because he has much shorter gearing so he's well into his powerband, I believe my car shifts out of 2nd at just below 70mph meaning I'm well out of it. He gets only about a half car ahead before my tach start's to climb, but the tach is built in my head by the sound of the engine, because for safety and performance reasons, my car didn't come with one. I now start to pull him. hard. By about 60mph we're evened out, me the slightest bit ahead, from what I remember. I keep it down a second longer as does he and we amazingly let off at the same time. I know for a fact I'm about a half food ahead at the end. But no, that's not enough.

The next day we talk and he tells me that he thinks he pulled me down low due to torque, which confused me because I have never heard that word before. He now wants to go from a dig. So, after class we meet up at the first and only stoplight on the half mile stretch. It's about half way thought the stretch, so we have a good 1/4 to race. Unfortunately, I had forgotten about the race and when he pulls up next to me, I don't notice him. Light goes green. I hear a small chirp and the lopey sound from his cams. This thing would sound plain bad with twice the displacement and an extra row of cylinders. When I hear that sound I shout "oh, ****!". I floor it, which wasn't a good idea seeing as it seem to take off harder if I stall the torque converter(wasn't an option in this situation) or give it 3/4 at the initial go. I finally pick up speed and even though he had 1/4 car between our bumpers, I gained a bit back by about 38mph when it goes into 2nd. As I say, this car sucks in second, but I built up momentum and was starting off at about 3mph faster in second than I did the last race. I do enjoy this gear up top against trash trucks and minivans w/ full loads. My loud annoying intake and lack of muffler(rusted out and fell off that day) at the top of second gear had a small group of teens spin their heads around really fast as I past my buddy's tempo relatively quick as he went into 3rd and I had some of second left. I merge into his lane for kicks and decide to go the back way home, all while laughing hysterically at the look on those kids faces. They looked like I would If I just saw a pro street mustang blow by me from out of nowhere. I was thinking in my head that they all ran home to their parents and begged them for a civic 'dx' for their birthday!XD

Later down the road where the dotted middle lines come up, he tries to pass and I just let him because I'm not that stupid. Back then I tried to make the best of owning such a slow, tractionfilled car, but I never risk hurting others.

Thanks for reading. Tell me how you liked it and feel free to correct any grammar. This took a lot outta me. I had to shovel all day so my mind may not have been straight.:(

Lockdown_2001
12-09-2005, 06:20 PM
HEHEHAHHAHAEHAHAHAAHAH
Nice race.
At least the cars are closely matched in power......sort of....

Ace$nyper
12-09-2005, 07:49 PM
not bad but once you get into a non honda jump to the fourm wide Racing board we have fun there.

All my Z28 kills are posted :)

good story and we arn't grammar nazis just want a story :)

Schister66
12-09-2005, 08:09 PM
one thing you might want to do in the future is add some cliffs.....most people dont read....:p

dxasaurus
12-10-2005, 02:01 PM
one thing you might want to do in the future is add some cliffs.....most people dont read....:p

Thanks, but the main reason why I put this is up is because of the story. I guess it makes sense though for people who might want to read it later. If I ever make another one, I'll put up cliffs.

Cliffs for this one? Hmmm....

Slow car beats slower car. Mad non vtec redline screaming, etc.:D

not bad but once you get into a non honda jump to the fourm wide Racing board we have fun there.

All my Z28 kills are posted :)

good story and we arn't grammar nazis just want a story :)
My next car will probably be the standard gm sedan w/3800. Like the camry, It's slightly quicker than the civic but will still be hard to think up a disclamer which reads that I know it's slow before posting one of my kills or more than likely, loses.

HEHEHAHHAHAEHAHAHAAHAH
Nice race.
At least the cars are closely matched in power......sort of....
Yeah, it seems that way because they we are both really slow, but the way I can reel him in is similar to aces' Z reeling in the last gen 4.6 mustang. We might run again for fun but I doubt it. My car is insanely slow but I pick my races and I don't race often(wouldn't really call it a race since it's so slow). I don't bother people with nice, fast cars(or nice slow cars, for that matter), but I'll mess around with a hothead ocasonally with a similar car to mine.

Glad you guys liked it!

Add your comment to this topic!