Dashboard gauges dont work + car wont start

JasonGG
12-09-2005, 05:10 PM
About a month ago I had a shop do my heater core for me on my 98 chevy blazer.... Ever since then every other day the car wont start when we go to start her in the morning. The weird thing is all of the gauges dont work and the lights dont work in the dash when this happens. Then if we wait like a day she will start right up and everything works.

It almost reminds me of the factory security feature, but the security light is not coming on. It just sounds like something is shutting off the spark or gas.

I tried getting a new key made cause that help the security issue in the past...

Anybody have any clue wtf is going on? This is my only car and I cannot keep going like this... I'm desperate...

Jason

JasonGG
12-09-2005, 08:07 PM
I hope I am not being redundant here and others have posted bout this problem before?

Has anyone else had these problems before?

Eslhockey92g
12-09-2005, 08:10 PM
I hope I am not being redundant here and others have posted bout this problem before?

Has anyone else had these problems before?

You may have the same ignition switch problem. I'm having thing the same problem, Check this link it may help a little
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=491395

2000blazerls
12-09-2005, 08:57 PM
Simple solution (maybe). Is a battery cable loose? Does the radio or anything come on? I had a cable loose one time in my old Camaro and it would only cause a problem like once every 4 days. Took me forever to realize that the cable was loose or coming loose.

JasonGG
12-09-2005, 10:34 PM
Simple solution (maybe). Is a battery cable loose? Does the radio or anything come on? I had a cable loose one time in my old Camaro and it would only cause a problem like once every 4 days. Took me forever to realize that the cable was loose or coming loose.

Nope... Cables are fine.. I checked them. I wish it was that simple.

:(

Radio works, lights work... Just the gauges don't. Although the oil gauges is stuck ar like 20lbs.... and not moving up or down at all....

She shifts fine as well....

One thing I have noticed... The doors keep locking on me when they shouldnt be...

JasonGG
12-09-2005, 10:36 PM
You may have the same ignition switch problem. I'm having thing the same problem, Check this link it may help a little
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=491395

Mine does shift out of park though... Which makes me think its not the ignition switch...

But I could be wrong?

Eslhockey92g
12-09-2005, 11:48 PM
Mine does shift out of park though... Which makes me think its not the ignition switch...

But I could be wrong?

when its electronic it could be almost anything, i really have no clue when it comes to that, i know i asked a few guys about my problem on here and it keeps going back to the ignition switch, but yeah it sounds like you may have a differnt problem, who knows, good luck

rlith
12-10-2005, 09:42 AM
If you were having this prob after the garage did your heater core, why didn't you take it back and tell them to fix it since they obviously pooched your electrical system? (Not a flame, just curious)

Add your comment to this topic!