Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Carrera GT with RWD?

Dyno247365
12-09-2005, 03:46 PM
YO!!! I used to love r/c cars, magazines, until I got my driver's license. Then I didn't really care much...But why the hell not build something I can't possibly afford!!

I was looking at HPI's body of the Carrera GT, Most models I've seen come with 4WD. An R/C CGT with RWD would be sweet.

Can you suggest a good car that fits under the body? And also I haven't been into this for 5 years so I don't know what happened to the war between gas and electric, maybe you could fill me in to which is better. Thanks so much

lilbrasil123
12-10-2005, 09:12 AM
YO!!! I used to love r/c cars, magazines, until I got my driver's license. Then I didn't really care much...But why the hell not build something I can't possibly afford!!

I was looking at HPI's body of the Carrera GT, Most models I've seen come with 4WD. An R/C CGT with RWD would be sweet.

Can you suggest a good car that fits under the body? And also I haven't been into this for 5 years so I don't know what happened to the war between gas and electric, maybe you could fill me in to which is better. Thanks so much

yo quicksilver, basically, some people prefer gas, others elect. U should try goin to google, and type in tamiya. Thats wat every1's drivin these days. :sunglasse

boostspike
12-13-2005, 04:38 PM
tamiya. Thats wat every1's drivin these days. :sunglasse

Tamiya's decent, but i wouldn't say everyone is driving them... i've been racing and tuning r/c cars for almost 10yrs now and have yet found a Tamiya car i love (cheap plastic)... Elec. touring go with either Losi, Assoc. or Xray... Nitro i sugg. Assoc., Kyosho or Serpent..

hydramatic99
05-29-2006, 06:26 PM
Tamiya makes some decent entry level basher cars, and their high end is good stuff as well, if you dont mind it being discontinued soon after its out.

They reason for the all wheel drive, is most platforms are designed for racing. It would be simple enough to leave out a belt or shaft in most cars to make them only RWD if you really want that, and dont mind it being on the verge of undriveable.

Add your comment to this topic!