Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Slow Weak Window Motors on '90 Lesabre

formzy
12-09-2005, 03:16 PM
I replaced the RF motor two years ago from a wrecked door motor off a '89 and now in the colder months this motor will hardly lift the glass. I know these lift motors were underpowerd on this line '86-'91 but was wondering if the new motors were made more powerfull? I would hate to have to replace it with a used or older motor that can hardly lift a feather. My girlfriends '97 LeSabre window just flies! I guess they improved these with the '92 and up LeSabres. Any ideas? Thanks

Loekee75
12-09-2005, 04:05 PM
I replaced the RF motor two years ago from a wrecked door motor off a '89 and now in the colder months this motor will hardly lift the glass. I know these lift motors were underpowerd on this line '86-'91 but was wondering if the new motors were made more powerfull? I would hate to have to replace it with a used or older motor that can hardly lift a feather. My girlfriends '97 LeSabre window just flies! I guess they improved these with the '92 and up LeSabres. Any ideas? Thanks

I do not not if the pw motors in 92-up lesabres will fit into a 90', but try searching auto parts sites, or even autozone.com, and jot the part number for the 90 models' motor, then check for the part number of a 92'....they could possibly match so you'd be able to purchase the improved one you're looking for..I've done this on several other parts that had been improved in the later models, but were compatible with my older 92' because they didn't change the mounting location in the factory.

TrueLyFE
12-09-2005, 05:50 PM
The newer style motors won't fit, AFAIK. I am having this problem as well (passenger is sloooooooowwww giong up, rear driver side clicks, and rear passenger side has a guide problem - argh!). If anyone has any suggestions, pelase give a shout out :)

Sterling52
12-21-2005, 01:36 AM
I have a 1988 Lesabre. What I done was remove the door panels and cleaned all of that stiff grease out of the guide on the bottom of the window the regulator attaches too,and also cleaned the plastic drive belt that move thru the gear box of the lifter motor. Then I use some silicone spray to lubricate all of that and sprayed the window guides works so much better. Don't know how long the moving parts will last like this but windows sure move up and down alot faster

Add your comment to this topic!