Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

dodge Ram Brake Rotors need help

Killer]X[
12-09-2005, 01:01 PM
Hi, I have a Dodge Ram 96 2wd pickup. I need to get new rotors for my pickup but trying to find out which would be better for just regular driving/good stopping power. I read about the slotted, drill, and slotted/crossdrill rotors. What is the difference? What would be better for me, no racing or anything, but offers a good stopping power, non or low noise, all the good stuff.

Best Brand?? heard Brembo is good

Also brake pads??

My truck has 148k miles on it and the rotors never been changed.

thank you for your time...

sandman96
12-09-2005, 04:04 PM
X[']Hi, I have a Dodge Ram 96 2wd pickup. I need to get new rotors for my pickup but trying to find out which would be better for just regular driving/good stopping power. I read about the slotted, drill, and slotted/crossdrill rotors. What is the difference? What would be better for me, no racing or anything, but offers a good stopping power, non or low noise, all the good stuff.

Best Brand?? heard Brembo is good

Also brake pads??

My truck has 148k miles on it and the rotors never been changed.

thank you for your time...

If you wanted to you could just have the stock rotors turned and put new brake pads on, they would be like new then. I just changed the brakes in my 94, I thought I would have to get the rotors turned but when I got the wheels off they were still smooth as glass so I didn't mess with them. I did put new pads on, don't remember the brand but they were the most expensive ones from Oreilly's. My truck has 180,000 miles on the original rotors, a lot of miles pulling a trailer too.

MT-2500
12-09-2005, 06:08 PM
Also check with your dealer on OEM pads or pads and rotor set with all mounting hardware you need for a good job.
They have soom competive prices and you get the oem quality.
MT

wehswarriorS-10
12-12-2005, 06:01 PM
stock dodge rotors arent the best in the world, spend the money and put a set of powerslot slotted rotors on and you can tell a difference in fade when you get'em really hot like holdin a trailer back goin downhill or high speed braking....as for pads....oem or wagner this is what i run in my 02 dakota with oversized tires and i like the setup really well

Add your comment to this topic!