Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1996 Jimmy 4 wheel drive not working

WVPurpleJimmygirl
12-09-2005, 12:14 PM
I just bought a purple 1996 GMC Jimmy from a friend. It snowed 5 inches last night and I never got to test the 4 wheel drive till now. Well it dosen't work............ I have no clue what to do. I have 3 little girls and spending a lot of money this month on them. Don't really have the money to see a mechanic. Can anyone help me????? Give a few ideas? ? ? I have friends that will fix it, if they knew what to do....Please help me

cheesep
12-09-2005, 12:43 PM
Check the Blazer forum (same truck). There's a ton of stuff in there about diagnosing 4x4 problems. The S10 in our family suddenly lost 4x4 and it was simply that the vacuum line became disconnected from the actuator. It's located under or near the battery.

WVPurpleJimmygirl
12-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Check the Blazer forum (same truck). There's a ton of stuff in there about diagnosing 4x4 problems. The S10 in our family suddenly lost 4x4 and it was simply that the vacuum line became disconnected from the actuator. It's located under or near the battery.

The forum is a book? I take it. Where would I find a blazer forum?

cheesep
12-09-2005, 05:15 PM
The forum is a book? I take it. Where would I find a blazer forum?

It's this online forum. You are in the Nonspecific forum right now.
To go to the Blazer forum click on Forums on the top left toolbar of this web page between Home and Gallery. Then Click on Chevrolet in the list and then Click on Blazer.

timwalsh
12-12-2005, 09:00 AM
I have a GMC Suburban and the same thing happened two weeks ago. I replaced the Actuator...which required unscrewing the old one and screwing in the new one. The dealer wanted 199.00 I went to JC Whitney on line and got it for 69.00...fast delivery too. I think this is a link to the one you would need but definately double check..

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/showCustom-0/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2001073/c-10105/Nty-1/p-2001073/Ntx-mode+matchallpartial/N-10105/tf-Browse/s-10101/Ntk-AllTextSearchGroup?Ntt=actuator

Good Luck

I just bought a purple 1996 GMC Jimmy from a friend. It snowed 5 inches last night and I never got to test the 4 wheel drive till now. Well it dosen't work............ I have no clue what to do. I have 3 little girls and spending a lot of money this month on them. Don't really have the money to see a mechanic. Can anyone help me????? Give a few ideas? ? ? I have friends that will fix it, if they knew what to do....Please help me

WVPurpleJimmygirl
12-12-2005, 09:35 AM
Hey thanks alot, that is comforting to know.

Add your comment to this topic!