Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Car Problems...Please Help

soul180
06-04-2002, 06:25 PM
Alriht, i actually have two problems:

1) The exhaust has a rattle noise when i'm driving, it happens between 3000-3500rpm, it usually goes away once the car is warmed up.

2) A strange noise, (wheep wheep wheep wheep wheep) is coming from the drivers side wheel well...i'm thinkin worn cv boot/joint...happens in turns and going straight...

Any help i can be given is much appreciated

Also, if it is the cv boot/joint, i am getting an engine swap in a few weeks...will that be replaced or should i fix it now?

RedRocketGSR
06-04-2002, 09:58 PM
The rattling is from the section from the pipe from the cat-back. The "wheep" noise is probably the brake pads going down to the warning mark. As for the CV, just wait on that because you will need new axels for the swap anyways. Good luck.;)

EightOhOne
06-04-2002, 11:31 PM
usually cvs make a clicking noise.

my car rattled like yours did, and it was caused by the heatshiled rusting out around a bolt and rattling against it. I solved this problem by getting a large hose clamp and tightened it around the heatshield/exhaust. No more rattle

-=BOOMER=-
06-05-2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by RedRocketGSR
The rattling is from the section from the pipe from the cat-back.

don’t you meant the catalectic converter?
a cat back is useual in referance to a exaust that starts after the catalectic converter and goes all the way to the muffler.

hondaman-iac
06-05-2002, 01:56 AM
du u feel like the steering wheel is shaking when braking ? might be the brake disk that is warped and touches the pad while rotating.

soul180
06-05-2002, 02:16 AM
i just replaced my brake pads....so they shouldn't be that worn yet...

the steering wheel doesn't shake at all....i don't notice anything except the noise....

so the exhaust is an easy fix...i figured the heat shield would be a problem...i'll strap iot up nicely

any other ideas for the wheeping noise?

hondaman-iac
06-05-2002, 03:27 AM
it is the cv bood, which might be broken, and the shredded parts rub against the damper fork. take a look at that. i noticed that i get that sound after i noiticed the thorn boot.

Add your comment to this topic!