Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

what the bloody hell...My windshield wipers will NOT shut off!!

redly1
12-08-2005, 09:33 PM
I have a 91 Lesabre. I filled up with gas last night, hopped in the car drove 5 feet, and faced a descision. Do I hop out and grab the washer wand/squeegee and clean my windshield, or just turn on the windshield washer/wiper.

For some strange reason, as I turned the knob, I knew I did the wrong thing. It felt normal, but in my head I knew I did the wrong thing.

So, the windshield gets clean and I go to shut the wipers off. they will not shut off. Not at all.

The best I could do until the next exit is run the delay as slow as possible. I then pulled over (Cold as hell outside) and unplugged the wiper motor.

Anyone have any advice on what it could be??

cliffs notes:
turned on wipers
tried to turn them off
they wouldn't turn off
I want to burn this car
HELP!!

TrueLyFE
12-09-2005, 05:48 PM
The thing right before "HELP!!" is probably the most helpful. I have an '87 that is just killing me with problems.

If the delay worked, the problem is probably in your switch. When you turned it to "off" was it still delayed or full on?

redly1
12-09-2005, 06:52 PM
The thing right before "HELP!!" is probably the most helpful. I have an '87 that is just killing me with problems.

If the delay worked, the problem is probably in your switch. When you turned it to "off" was it still delayed or full on?

when turned to the off position, it acted just like it did in the on position.

I can feel it click when turning to the off position.

I've got the car for sale (120k miles for $650), and was hoping to show it to people this weekend. so much for that

od1exx
12-19-2005, 05:52 PM
redly1 i am having the exact same problem... the delay is like 5-10 seconds and then they finally shut off... it is ridiculously annoying and ONLY happens in the absolute cold of the canadian winter :|

Add your comment to this topic!