Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

ABS Box Hangs UP?

Whitaker 24
12-08-2005, 09:00 PM
6 mts ago the wifes ABS light came on and the box runs when the car is shut off the only way to get it to quit is unhook it which i did cause it get so hot running hours at the time, i called dealer said that want under recall and said the new ABS box wsa gonna be $600 + labor i said no way and left the ABS box unhooked anyone have any ideas on how i might get another one? withough going thru honda?

amigo-2k
12-08-2005, 09:17 PM
www.car-parts.com

find a salvage yard near you.

rodeo02
12-08-2005, 11:51 PM
Hmmm.. I thought the ABS recall was the fix for the constant running ABS servo motor?!? I'd pull the ABS fuse and dash lamp before I dumped more than a couple hundred bucks into a rodeo ABS system.

Joel

Whitaker 24
12-09-2005, 08:26 PM
I thought the ABS recall was the fix for the constant running ABS servo motor?!? I'd pull the ABS fuse and dash lamp before I dumped more than a couple hundred bucks into a rodeo ABS system.

Hey man I will just tell me how i unplugged the abs box but the light on the dash still comes on how can i get the light to go off inside the car im not a proficient mechanic, but ill try, thanks

Whitaker 24
12-11-2005, 09:36 AM
Dealer told me there was a recall but it wouldnt fix that problem so i didnt bother with it but

WHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I took my Haynes book and went to work on those christmas lights on the passport dash and i got everything out and took the ABS bulb, the check engine bulb, and the gas tank flashing bulb out cause all 3 were bright and burning

check engine was for an egr valve i cleaned the valve but it didnt do any good and i cant take the $150 price to replace it which wont guarantee that it will be fixed, ABS light was where i unhooked the constantly running ABS box, and the Fuel Light was where it needs a new sending unit so until i get the money to repair the unit i wont have to see that light for the next 6 mths.!

rodeo02
12-11-2005, 12:01 PM
Cool! You can call it the pre-Christmas, poor man's repair job! Keep in mind you may need a functioning CEL to pass state inspections. I know you need one on all 1996+ in NYS :banghead: . They cycle the ignition to verify proper functioning of the CEL.

Joel

Whitaker 24
12-11-2005, 06:15 PM
What is the CEL? Check Engine Light

SC hasnt had inspections in years so maybe ill be ok, the egr valve was what the autozone guy said was causing it but i cleaned the old one and it kept coming back on i was thinking if i put one on it doesnt the place where it bolts on to need to be cleaned out also? and if so how do you clean that part of the engine.

rodeo02
12-12-2005, 07:22 AM
...the place where it bolts on to need to be cleaned out also? and if so how do you clean that part of the engine.

Try a search. It's all in here: http://isuzufaq.ibctech.ca/

Joel

sonofsong
12-13-2005, 06:55 PM
6 mts ago the wifes ABS light came on and the box runs when the car is shut off the only way to get it to quit is unhook it which i did cause it get so hot running hours at the time, i called dealer said that want under recall and said the new ABS box wsa gonna be $600 + labor i said no way and left the ABS box unhooked anyone have any ideas on how i might get another one? withough going thru honda?
My 99 Isuzu Amigo/Rodeo V/6 4X4 did the exact same thing as yours! I took it to the dealer & they replaced the whole ABS box under a recall with NO COST TO ME WHATSOEVER!!! I would do more research if I were you! This is the same engine & body assembled at the same plant as your Honda and is having the same problem! Hope this helps!
Glen
(sonofsong)
P.S... I would be wary of your mechanic!!!

Add your comment to this topic!