Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

engine service light and missing??

lou_999
12-08-2005, 01:31 PM
Hello, I just replaced my motor is my 93 grand am and it was running great in netural but when you put it into drive it runs really rough and starts clunking. then the engine light comes on stays for a bit then shuts off. The engine light came on and shut off before i changed the engine. Im lost i have no idea. Oh and how can i forget the wonderful abs light! everytime i start my car it comes on and when breaking it feels like nothing is there but sometimes they work just fine. Help me please. Ive found the sound its more of a clunking sound right under the altanater or somewhere on the belt setup. It only clunks every other time around not constaint.

Gooman18
12-09-2005, 03:10 AM
Is it maybe out of time? Maybe if you had it tuned up that would make a difference...I've never ever changed and engine so im just guessing. Good luck. Later.

Bobby

GTP Dad
12-09-2005, 07:09 AM
It is possible that you have a bad timing chain that is causing the problem although if you had similar problems with the old engine I think you may have a problem with the ECM. It may be bad and not allowing the car to run.

xeroinfinity
12-09-2005, 08:56 AM
couldnt it be the trans solenoid acting up, or geting ready to stop working?... Since he stated it run better in neutral and when put in gear the engine went to rough idle w/clunking. just my analogy. good luck

Add your comment to this topic!