Page updated on 07-17-2018

World cup soccer


Pages : [1] 2

Goosse
06-04-2002, 01:15 PM
Does anyone watch the world cup? Belgium played 2-2 against Japan...

civic_1.6_16v
06-04-2002, 01:40 PM
I heard the end result on the radio at my work
Most matches are being played in the morning and afternoon so cannot watch much.

I warned you guys that it would be a problem to watch al the matches
way back at PH, just short after Holland didn't make it :(

We dont have that problem ;)

But on the radio they have a action to support Belgium, you can call into the station and
get stickers which say "ben voor Belgi" :D

Goosse
06-04-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by civic_1.6_16v
But on the radio they have a action to support Belgium, you can call into the station and
get stickers which say "ben voor Belgi" :D

LOL are you serieus???:D :D :D Funny as hell:D . Well I'm suposed to be studying, so I'm at home an can watch some of the matches.

civic_1.6_16v
06-04-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Goosse


LOL are you serieus???:D :D :D Funny as hell:D .

Yes dead serious :o

Dont know how many people will order these stickers :confused:

Balddog
06-05-2002, 10:09 AM
World cup finals are the best thing ever..

Ive watched every game so far...getting up at 6am every day is killing me though..

Come on England!!

If they dont make it then I want South Korea or Deutschland to win.

Veetec
06-05-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Balddog
World cup finals are the best thing ever..

Ive watched every game so far...getting up at 6am every day is killing me though..

Come on England!!

If they dont make it then I want South Korea or Deutschland to win. Thanx a lot! Id like to see that, too! ;) But IMO it would be nice if a real outsider would win it this time. I dunno,...maybe Senegal or anything like that. :D

Kohhal
06-05-2002, 01:07 PM
Go on the fighting Irish :D

Ireland 1 - 1 Deutschland

We ain't doing too bad at all so far :)

Civic 1.6i VT
06-06-2002, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by Balddog
World cup finals are the best thing ever..

Ive watched every game so far...getting up at 6am every day is killing me though..

Come on England!!

If they dont make it then I want South Korea or Deutschland to win.


I cant believe as a fellow Englishman you will be wanting Germany to win if England go out!!
Senegal are playing very well, they look good. France must win today against Uruguay to go throught to the next phase.

My prediction for England vs Argentina is 3-2 to England!! Come on England!!!!!!

If England go out its Ireland all the way for me!

Balddog
06-06-2002, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by Civic 1.6i VT



I cant believe as a fellow Englishman you will be wanting Germany to win if England go out!!

Well id rather see Korea win but Germany is a close second..

Why is it so bad for an Englishman to support Germany? Its a different matter if we have to play them but if we are out then im fine with it..

Predator
06-06-2002, 11:56 AM
I would also really enjoy to see a outsider winning- maybe Japan :finger:
no korea has done a nice job :)

But the german team is IMO not good enough to win- and thats good :devil:

Veetec
06-07-2002, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by Balddog
Why is it so bad for an Englishman to support Germany? Its a different matter if we have to play them but if we are out then im fine with it.. Yea, why is it so bad?? :confused: We arent your enemies or anything like that anymore! :(

Yea, ireland did a good job against us. Its a very nice team IMO and Id like to see them win, too. :)

Balddog
06-07-2002, 09:11 AM
I think the English-German thing is more to do with the fact that you kept beating us rather than being enemies :D


We just beat Argentina so im damn happy at the moment :D :D

Now we just need to draw with Nigeria and we are through to the next round..

Veetec
06-09-2002, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Balddog
I think the English-German thing is more to do with the fact that you kept beating us rather than being enemies :D
Hmmm,....Im not sure about that! Some days ago I saw on TV that a lot of british newspapers used the term "Blitzkrieg" after weve won against Saudi Arabia. :finger:

Balddog
06-09-2002, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Veetec
Hmmm,....Im not sure about that! Some days ago I saw on TV that a lot of british newspapers used the term "Blitzkrieg" after weve won against Saudi Arabia. :finger:

Well its true.....Means lightning war doesnt it? You smashed them...

Veetec
06-10-2002, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Balddog


Well its true.....Means lightning war doesnt it? You smashed them... Yea, right! But this term has got an ugly background, too. Like most german words used in other countries.... :(

Goosse
06-10-2002, 08:58 AM
Damn, Belgium played a 1-1 against 'Tunesi' (don't know the english translation for that:D ). Lucky their was the match from Portugal... I hope they go true.

Balddog
06-10-2002, 09:59 AM
Portugal...I hope they get knocked out :D ...I want Korea to beat them into the ground...

riceviking
06-10-2002, 11:57 AM
What does:

ben voor Belgi

mean? :D Go belgium? :frog:

Norway didn't even make it..not norway, not the netherlands.(?)..
Go Kamerun! Or have they been "knocked out"? No time to watch...work work work..

Veetec
06-10-2002, 12:11 PM
That means: "Im for belgium!" or anything like that.
(Ive been in Antwerpe again to visit my friends on monday and tuesday ! :D )

Goosse
06-13-2002, 02:04 PM
Everybody burn a candle tomorrow:D Belgium has to win against Russia to go trough...

civic_1.6_16v
06-13-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Goosse
Everybody burn a candle tomorrow:D Belgium has to win against Russia to go trough...

Belgium has my vote for the winning ticket :D

I would like to see some more BIG names leave the tournament like just like France, Argentina........
OK Russia hasn't really performed since along time, but some people still think its a big rival for all countries.

Just like today when I hoped that Italia was leaving, but noooooooo
in the last 10 minutes they score the equalizer

VTEC1600
06-14-2002, 01:02 AM
Today is the big day!!!! Belgium - Rusland

We will need all the support we can get, because it's all or nothing today.

Balddog
06-14-2002, 02:22 AM
Come on Belgium...

Belgium and Japan are gonna win this morning.

Goosse
06-14-2002, 03:55 AM
Woooohoooooo, Belgium made it. 3-2. Man I lost a lot of sweet during that match:D

primera man
06-14-2002, 06:00 AM
Well hasn't this been the best World cup so far.......plenty of upsets :)
Having watched every game so far(its nearly killing me) i'd have to say that Brazil are looking the best out of the last 16 teams to go right though and win it all.
For me, Englands next game is going to be a cracker :).

Before the cup i had my money on Italy, but they have been looking a bit rough though in there group games and were very lucky to get through.
I must say its been good to see some of the big names fall out early.

I can see why the Argies didn't make it though :D :D :D :D
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/700403Argies02-(1).jpg

Veetec
06-14-2002, 07:52 AM
:D :D :D
Little sissies.....

VTEC1600
06-14-2002, 08:33 AM
We will face Brazil next monday at 13.30. I guess that will be an interesting match :) Brazil - Belgium.

Balddog
06-14-2002, 08:36 AM
Brazilian attack vs Belgian defence..Should be a great game...



Korea and USA are through..My teams are goin through :D :D

Portugal are out...wooohoooo

Goosse
06-15-2002, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by Balddog
Brazilian attack vs Belgian defence..Should be a great game...





What defense:confused: . I mean, did you see the match against Russia:D

Civic 1.6i VT
06-15-2002, 11:46 AM
England 3 - Denmark 0

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!

SO its England vs Brazil or Belgium !

Anyone else think England are going to win the World Cup?

primera man
06-15-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Civic 1.6i VT
England 3 - Denmark 0

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!

SO its England vs Brazil or Belgium !

Anyone else think England are going to win the World Cup?
I'd love to see them do it, but it will be hard to get past Brazil

Pennzoil GT-R
06-15-2002, 03:40 PM
england have the best defence in the tournament. but can they hold out against the brazilians???(sorry to any belgians but its probly not gonna be belgium in the quarters). i mean for gods sake if their centre back can score an overhead kick, wot the hell can their strikers do?! i cant wait for it. if we beat brazil my money is on us bringin football back home after 36 years:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D COME ON ENGLAND

ragt20
06-15-2002, 06:01 PM
its such an open world cup so far, seen virtually all the games live.... England have as good a chance as any of the others....if we do face Brazil, it'll be a great match, one of the best attacking teams in the world cup against one of the best defense so far....plus Brazil's defense will always give ya a chance.....:D can't wait....

come on the Irish......

Pennzoil GT-R
06-15-2002, 06:30 PM
they way its stands rite now is perfect for me. i have my favourite team (brazil for their style of play), the team i love, and will love forever - ENGLAND(i am english after all) and ireland (i hav some irish blood in me)
Only thing remains now to make my world cup is for the Germans to get knocked out before they get the chance to be lucky and knock us out on penalties AGAIN:mad:

ragt20
06-15-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Pennzoil GT-R
they way its stands rite now is perfect for me. i have my favourite team (brazil for their style of play), the team i love, and will love forever - ENGLAND(i am english after all) and ireland (i hav some irish blood in me)
Only thing remains now to make my world cup is for the Germans to get knocked out before they get the chance to be lucky and knock us out on penalties AGAIN:mad:

well we can only meet the Germans in the final...and the way they played today against Paraguay, I'd fancy Mexico to beat them if they get past the US......

primera man
06-15-2002, 08:56 PM
That German game was the worst ive seen so far...IMO the sooner they are out the better;)
Go Italy !!!!...my money is on you buggers :D (the way they are playing they had better get there act together though)

Pennzoil GT-R
06-16-2002, 06:35 AM
i think the 3 flair teams all have the same problem-brazil, italy and spain. they r all great in attack but they all have weak defences. which could be great for england:D

ive noticed there rnt many americans in this forum

Goosse
06-16-2002, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Pennzoil GT-R
ive noticed there rnt many americans in this forum

This is the euro forum;)

England really made a big impression yesterday. Their defense is really one of the best of the tournament. I think they are one of the best teams still in the running...

And since Brazil is going to be out tomorrow (wishfull thinking:D ), I think england will make a good chance for the world cup

Veetec
06-16-2002, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Pennzoil GT-R
i think the 3 flair teams all have the same problem-brazil, italy and spain. they r all great in attack but they all have weak defences. which could be great for england:D

ive noticed there rnt many americans in this forum Thats because THIS is the europe forum! ;)


(Posted at the same time, Goosse! :D )

Goosse
06-16-2002, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Veetec
Thats because THIS is the europe forum! ;)


(Posted at the same time, Goosse! :D )

LOL, just noticed it too:D

Veetec
06-16-2002, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Pennzoil GT-R
they way its stands rite now is perfect for me. i have my favourite team (brazil for their style of play), the team i love, and will love forever - ENGLAND(i am english after all) and ireland (i hav some irish blood in me)
Only thing remains now to make my world cup is for the Germans to get knocked out before they get the chance to be lucky and knock us out on penalties AGAIN:mad: Dont worry! Were (germany) going to win it this time. :finger:

Pennzoil GT-R
06-16-2002, 09:15 AM
o well, ireland just lost 3-2 on penalties after out playing spain half the game.

shit happens i guess:(

civic_1.6_16v
06-16-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Pennzoil GT-R
o well, ireland just lost 3-2 on penalties after out playing spain half the game.

shit happens i guess:(

He Pennzoil, are you a GT3 fan??
Or an JGTC fan??
Because of your nick name :D

Pennzoil GT-R
06-16-2002, 09:19 AM
JGTC (wish they would put it on tele in england), but i do have the pennzoil skyline on GT3 aswell:)

civic_1.6_16v
06-16-2002, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Pennzoil GT-R
JGTC (wish they would put it on tele in england), but i do have the pennzoil skyline on GT3 aswell:)

Yeah I like the JGTC to
Every match is being broadcasted by Eurosport here in Holland
Not live but 2 weeks after the race was

I have the Pennzoil GT3 to,
I also have scalemodels of the Skyline
http://www.ebbro.com/catalogue2001/nissan/RACING-collection/R34-JGTC2001/HD-Calsonic/R34-JGTC-2002-HD-Calsonic-550-Fr.jpg
http://www.ebbro.com/catalogue2001/nissan/RACING-collection/R34-JGTC2001/HD-Pennzoil/hd-R34-2002-HD-Pennzoil-550-side-1.jpg
Not this one, I have the model with nr. 1 on the side, the GT3 version

But I also have these models of the NSX, because I'm a Honda lover :D
http://www.ebbro.com/catalogue/honda-folder/NSX-JGTC2000/team-castrol/nsx-castrol-603.jpg
http://www.ebbro.com/catalogue2001/honda/RACING-Collection/NSX-JGTC2001/Takata/NSX-JGTC01-Takata-500-fr-3Q.jpg
http://www.ebbro.com/catalogue2001/honda/RACING-Collection/NSX-JGTC2001/Raybrig/nsx-jgtc01-raybrig-side-550.jpg

Pennzoil GT-R
06-16-2002, 09:37 AM
where did you get those from? i cant find any decent models of any of the JGTC cars. i found a pennzoil skyline once but that has long since been discontinued

primera man
06-16-2002, 09:41 AM
Nice looking cars...you may like to visit our modelling forum and post them up :)
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=927

civic_1.6_16v
06-16-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Pennzoil GT-R
where did you get those from? i cant find any decent models of any of the JGTC cars. i found a pennzoil skyline once but that has long since been discontinued

These models are all made by Ebbro, thats on of the official JGTC sponsors
Here the link to http://www.ebbro.com

Theres a link on the site where Ebbro has distributors around the world

And you being a JGTC fan allready know this site right ???? :D
http://www.jgtc.net/index_en.htm

ragt20
06-18-2002, 09:25 AM
Woooohooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

Bye bye Italy........... what a world cup!!!!! just brillaint :) :)

primera man
06-18-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by ragt20
Woooohooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

Bye bye Italy........... what a world cup!!!!! just brillaint :) :)

Yip...and there goes my money with them :( :( :(
Only show the first half...but by the sounds of it it was a great game.

Oh well....GO ENGLAND :) :)

Pennzoil GT-R
06-18-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by primera man


Yip...and there goes my money with them :( :( :(
Only show the first half...but by the sounds of it it was a great game.


it was great game, and i even had to miss a lecture because of it:D
i rate vieri as maybe second best striker in the world, but what a fool to miss the sitter that could have put italy through:mad:

ragt20
06-19-2002, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Pennzoil GT-R


it was great game, and i even had to miss a lecture because of it:D
i rate vieri as maybe second best striker in the world, but what a fool to miss the sitter that could have put italy through:mad:

he is worth Millons, one of the best strikers in the world but can't kick with his right foot....:rolleyes:

Balddog
06-19-2002, 08:08 AM
The moaning has already started...Bad losers all over the place..

Im glad Italy were beaten and knocked out, they played the same old rubbish football..Score and goal and then close the game down and defend for 70 mintes...:mad:

I hope Korea beat the crap out of Spain :D

Veetec
06-19-2002, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Balddog
The moaning has already started...Bad losers all over the place..

Im glad Italy were beaten and knocked out, they played the same old rubbish football..Score and goal and then close the game down and defend for 70 mintes...:mad:

I hope Korea beat the crap out of Spain :D Indeed, they did! :D

GO GERMANY! ;)

primera man
06-19-2002, 10:44 AM
TIME TO STICK MY HEAD ON THE LINE HERE :p
Heres my picks to make the last 4

England
Spain
Senegal
Germany

Balddog
06-19-2002, 10:48 AM
Mine are the same as yours Primera man, just substitute Korea for Spain.

Pennzoil GT-R
06-19-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by primera man
TIME TO STICK MY HEAD ON THE LINE HERE :p
Heres my picks to make the last 4

England
Spain
Senegal
Germany

i hope you r rite and we do beat brazil!! one exception 2 ur list tho, germany. sorry to all germans, and only germans will understand me, but i dont want them to make the final. its just a rivalry the english have got goin wit the germans and the argentinians:D

primera man
06-19-2002, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Pennzoil GT-R


i hope you r rite and we do beat brazil!! one exception 2 ur list tho, germany. sorry to all germans, and only germans will understand me, but i dont want them to make the final. its just a rivalry the english have got goin wit the germans and the argentinians:D

Ditto :p ...but i cant really see USA giving them much trouble....i hope im wrong though :p

ragt20
06-19-2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Balddog
The moaning has already started...Bad losers all over the place..

Im glad Italy were beaten and knocked out, they played the same old rubbish football..Score and goal and then close the game down and defend for 70 mintes...:mad:

I hope Korea beat the crap out of Spain :D

the moaning is bad enough, now they gone even lower then that..:eek:
the Italian club the Korean scorer played for has sacked him and basically told him not to come back in the country....how stupid can you get.....:rolleyes:

Pennzoil GT-R
06-19-2002, 04:13 PM
yeh i saw it on TV just! haha, perugia wasnt it he played for? but i guess the italians are known for their passionate fans!

Add your comment to this topic!