what do i need for this swap. 97 b18b1 into a 94 civic

1gencrx
12-07-2005, 11:32 PM
ive got a 1994 civic 4 door. im now buying a b18b1. without the tran. the civic has a 5speed tran. can that tran. blot up to the b18. anyways thats all im geting. just the motor. what would i need to do to get everything to work right. im droping the motor in myself. something fun to do you can say. please tell me if there is anything on the civic i can use and ill need to replace. thanks for all the help!!

hany
12-08-2005, 05:29 AM
the tranny who design for the SOHC ( singl cam ) can not blot up in the DOHC ( DAUL OR DOUBL CAM ) so the tranny can not bolt up
- and i think the best tranny can you use for that motor is the tranny which come with the B16A motor it is so shorter.
and iam not sure what can you replace but the basic things must be replace as the ECU, destrebuter .

Schister66
12-08-2005, 10:50 AM
well if you're getting just the motor and not the tranny, you're going to have a nice paper weight because that engine and your D series tranny WILL NOT bolt up. You need to either not get the engine or get the engine, tranny, ecu, wiring harness, and a swap kit to get that engine into your car.

1gencrx
12-08-2005, 11:20 AM
i know where i can get a tanny. but someone said something a b16 tanny. does that tanny have better gears. if i got a ecu out of a driffenrt 97 interga that was for the mal. tanny wouldn't it work?????

CPU Infected You
12-11-2005, 03:16 PM
ive got a 1994 civic 4 door. im now buying a b18b1. without the tran. the civic has a 5speed tran. can that tran. blot up to the b18. anyways thats all im geting. just the motor. what would i need to do to get everything to work right. im droping the motor in myself. something fun to do you can say. please tell me if there is anything on the civic i can use and ill need to replace. thanks for all the help!!
you just need to replace the ecu, or the more appropriate way to do it would be to just get a Greddy E-manage and manage your own ecu through your laptop, use any b series tranny, and if you happen to come acros a vtec b16 take the head up and putt hat on instead of your non vtec head, the vtec clip should be under your hood but shouldnt be in use because your car is not a vtec car stock but the plug for vtec should be there under the hood near the throttle body if you were to use the vtec head... if you know anything about wiring i could really use the help im tryign to put 1994 integra gauges in my 1994 civic dx and i dont know how to wire it rightso if you ikinow let me know

CivicSpoon
12-11-2005, 03:40 PM
Wow, what the hell is with these responses to questions lately (not including Schister66 in that comment)?

And '94+ Integra, del sol vtec, '99-'00 Civic Si, or any hydraulic B-series transmission will work. In terms of acceleration they are rated in this order (slowest to quickest): LS/RS/GS (b18b), GS-R (b18c1), B16a, Integra Type R (b18c5). Not sure where the Civic Type R tranny fits into that (after or before the b18c5). Screw the greddy E-manage unless you're doing some kind of work to the engine (build it for NA or forced induction). Otherwise it will just be a waste of $ that could go somewhere else. Just get a '94-'95 b18b ECU for the easiest way, or the '96-'97 one and buy an "OBD2a to OBD1 conversion harness". For the rest of the wiring (because you're putting an OBD2a engine into an OBD1 car), check out this thread (6th post down): http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=550976 As you can see there are 2 ways of going about it. For the rest of the swap info, check out this thread (5th post down): http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=856396

x_outlaw_x
12-11-2005, 11:52 PM
you need engine, trans, ECU, axles, and shift linkage from a 94 integra

superbluecivicsi
12-13-2005, 05:29 PM
you never stated whether you were staying obd1 or obd2? that would be some really good info to get help ;)

1gencrx
12-15-2005, 10:53 PM
sry about not saying if it was a obd1 or obd2 but the civic is a obd1 but everyone one porbley all ready know that. the motor im geting is a b18b obd1 i think i have to good and look ones more. really tell me how to find out what it is. also the motor im geting is a auto. but i know of a juck yard that would have a tran for a manle. some one else so told me if the b18b or a is obd1 the ecu and wire harness well work just fine.

CivicSpoon
12-16-2005, 12:51 AM
If it's a '97 b18b, then it's OBD2a. To get the best performance out of the engine, you NEED to correct ECU.

Add your comment to this topic!