Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

4x4 problems

Moose22
12-07-2005, 08:43 PM
hey i have searched for a thread with this exact problem but couldnt really find any , even though im sure there is one out there. But i have a 1999 Blazer 4.3L 4door LT, and i have 4 -4x4 buttons and when i press 4x4hi it blinks on it for a while but it nevers actually clicks into 4x4, and then stops blinking and the light goes back to 2hi. And it makes no noiese when i try any of this. Wondering if this could just be an electrical issue, or something much bigger. Any response would help. Thanks. Even tell me if there is another thread to answer this please , thank you.

Stabb
12-08-2005, 08:44 PM
Moose,

I just started having this exact same problem with almost the same truck, mine is an LS. I will keep looking for posts to see if I come across anything. What really blows is that we just got dumped on here (6" - 8") in Northern Illinois and I have a feeling my 4WD isn't going to be fixed anytime soon.

Good luck and let me know if you find out anything as well. If all else fails, I have a mechanic friend I may stop by and talk to him tomorrow (12/9).

-AL

hey i have searched for a thread with this exact problem but couldnt really find any , even though im sure there is one out there. But i have a 1999 Blazer 4.3L 4door LT, and i have 4 -4x4 buttons and when i press 4x4hi it blinks on it for a while but it nevers actually clicks into 4x4, and then stops blinking and the light goes back to 2hi. And it makes no noiese when i try any of this. Wondering if this could just be an electrical issue, or something much bigger. Any response would help. Thanks. Even tell me if there is another thread to answer this please , thank you.

Moose22
12-08-2005, 08:53 PM
Thanks I will keep looking too, if you figure out anything please let me know. Suppose to get some snow tomorrow, so thats gonna be a pain. Hoping it just something small and easy to fix.

twillers
12-09-2005, 09:53 AM

Moose22,
You might want to check out this thread.
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2841462&posted=1#post2841462
I don't know if my suggestion fixed his problem, or if it will fix yours, but it fixed mine.

Regards, twillers

Add your comment to this topic!