Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Z28 Badges

poormillionaire2
12-07-2005, 04:11 PM
Where can I find Z28 badges for the sides and rear of my car? I have them right now, but they are white on a black car. Some may like it, I don't. I want factory black ones so they don't stand out as much. I know I could just take them off, but I want badges. I don't need aftermarket vinyl ones, just plain factory black ones. And when I get them, what should I use to glue them on?

camaromaniac
12-07-2005, 06:39 PM
i like red badges on black car but thats just me.

poormillionaire2
12-07-2005, 06:48 PM
I like red on black too, but I don't want the badges to stand out and be too noticeable. I just want factory black and no overlays. I found some on ebay but they are charging $19 each, and I need 3. I don't want to pay $57 for badges!

camaromaniac
12-07-2005, 07:33 PM
yeah badges are pretty overpriced. maybe you could paint the ones you have?

flatlander757
12-07-2005, 07:48 PM
If you can stand to wait about 2 months, I may be getting first-gen badges for my car, if you pay shipping I'll send you mine with the white ones as a core-charge :smile: I'll probably play around with painting them or something.

poormillionaire2
12-07-2005, 08:10 PM
If you can stand to wait about 2 months, I may be getting first-gen badges for my car, if you pay shipping I'll send you mine with the white ones as a core-charge :smile: I'll probably play around with painting them or something.

That's sounds really good, but here's the funny thing. Today, I went out to look at them and a piece of the 'Z' on the driver's side was sticking out. So I stuck my finger behind it to look at the adhesive, and I guess that it was so cold that the top part of the 'Z' snapped off. So I have 2 good ones and one not-so-good one. But if you just want the white ones to play around with, I'm sure we could figure something out. Otherwise, I'll just look for factory black ones somewhere else. Closer to spring, I may just wind up getting the ones on ebay simply because I can't seem to find them someplace else.

flatlander757
12-07-2005, 08:16 PM
Hahaha!

Whenever I get 69 badges, I'll dig through to find this post and I'll let you know.

poormillionaire2
12-07-2005, 08:47 PM
YEAH! 100th POST!
So anyway, yeah, that sounds good. Just let me know.

kahjdh
12-07-2005, 09:42 PM
Take them off and paint them red, that would be sweet.

poormillionaire2
12-07-2005, 10:04 PM
Well, I just broke one and I want to keep them black anyway.

poormillionaire2
12-08-2005, 07:06 PM
What do you guys think of the Z06 style badges like these on a black Z28? I don't know how I feel about them yet.

http://www.speedspecialty.com/store/view_product.php?product=z06z28badge

flatlander757
12-08-2005, 08:50 PM
Wow those look great!

I may get those instead! :icon16:

poormillionaire2
12-08-2005, 09:07 PM
Wow those look great!

I may get those instead! :icon16:

Do I sense sarcasm in your comment?

I still don't know how they would actually look on a camaro though. But they are pretty cheap for 3 of them. Cheaper than the black ones I found on ebay anyway.

blindeyed
12-09-2005, 11:40 PM
Where can I find Z28 badges for the sides and rear of my car? I have them right now, but they are white on a black car. Some may like it, I don't. I want factory black ones so they don't stand out as much. I know I could just take them off, but I want badges. I don't need aftermarket vinyl ones, just plain factory black ones. And when I get them, what should I use to glue them on?

Why don't you just take them off, paint them black, and get some new 3M adhesive tape and put them back on? Well except for the one that you just broke the tip on. You could always do that and just not put the rear one back on. That way people coming up behind you will think you're a sixer until they get next to you and change their minds on wantin to race you :evillol:

flatlander757
12-10-2005, 09:25 AM
Do I sense sarcasm in your comment?

I still don't know how they would actually look on a camaro though. But they are pretty cheap for 3 of them. Cheaper than the black ones I found on ebay anyway.

No sarcasm, I think they would look great... maybe if I can get some better angles of them I'll bust out my mad photoshop skillz :evillol:

Add your comment to this topic!