Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need help....

djAkira36
06-04-2002, 06:47 AM
Anybody got any advice on doing body and molding lines??? Ive got the body of the CRX pretty much shaped but its all smooth now because i had to cover the original CRX moldings with putty and im thinking either sanding or using a router bit, if anyone has any better ideas Id appreciate it.....

Jay!
06-04-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by djAkira36
Anybody got any advice on doing body and molding lines??? Ive got the body of the CRX pretty much shaped but its all smooth now because i had to cover the original CRX moldings with putty and im thinking either sanding or using a router bit, if anyone has any better ideas Id appreciate it..... I use the backside of a #11 Xacto blade. It'll etch a little deeper and wider with each pass. There is a great potential for disaster, though, so be super careful and slow and deliberate with the first few passes...

primera man
06-04-2002, 05:58 PM
Gundammarker pens....check the pics out of my EVO Extreme...they are done with one in about 2 minutes for the whole car....nice and easy

Jay!
06-04-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by primera man
Gundammarker pens....check the pics out of my EVO Extreme...they are done with one in about 2 minutes for the whole car....nice and easy No, i think he means he actually has to re-etch the grooves back into the plastic...

djAkira36
06-04-2002, 06:50 PM
yeah, what Jay said........

Thanks for the idea Jay, what Im going to do is secure the body of the car on its side and used a metal ruler as a guide as I use tthe back of the xacto blade like you recommended and then sand it to smooth it out, thanks for the input.

ales
06-04-2002, 11:34 PM
There's this tool made by Tamiya (duh!) and it's called scriber. I have never used it but it's meant for jobs like this. My friend (who's into military modelling) uses it a lot,, especially if the model cmes with raised lines. he shaves these off and makes his own (whicha are also usually more accurate). Here (http://www.1999.co.jp/asp/GoodsDetails_e.asp?Bno=2135854&Typ1_c=107&Typ2_c=119&Typ3_c=237&SPage=1&SC=5&SN=Search+result+Search+for+%3A+scriber&It_c=10001618&andor=0&scope=0&scope2=0&thumb=1&sortID=1&urikire=1&sort_sort=0&ItKey=scriber&app_url=KeyReference_right_e.asp)'s what it looks like.

Add your comment to this topic!