Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

reliant gas gluper

K car crazy
12-07-2005, 01:17 AM
i have an 86 reliant and i get only 4 day to a tank and thats only going to and from work i have changed the tps and the o2 sensor and flushed the cooling system,plugs,wires,cap,rotor,battery,any hoses that are split and still burns way to rich and i have got the code 52 oxygen sensor signal stays above center. but i already changed it two months ago and i just don't know what going on im at a loss can anyone help me??

typesix
12-09-2005, 12:07 PM
Not an expert on these things but you stated still running rich. Coolant temp sensor is possibility. Thermostat is another, may be opening too fast or stays open.

K car crazy
12-12-2005, 09:54 PM
i did that then it got cold and i boosted the car to get it going and that never worked so i waited for a warm day now after i start it it runs really rich to the point of have black smoke and right below the tail pipe its all thick black crap and it idles up and down really bad can't drive it anymore drives me nuts i phoned up a shop told them what it does and they told me its the computer.every sensor has been changed nowand still the same problem if the computer is gone bad how come it still runs?? please help me i hate taking the city bus !!!yuck!!!

typesix
12-14-2005, 02:41 PM
Is this fuel injected?

K car crazy
12-15-2005, 12:00 AM
yes it is but i but it runs ok now changed the computer and know it has the codes 13 and still has 52 13 is map sensor (slow change in map idle signal or no change in MAPfrom start to run)code 52 is(oxygen sensor signal stays above center) but i have no idea what to do now all i can think of is that i shoud take it to a shop and have them look at it

Hollowcreek
01-04-2006, 12:44 PM
No offense K car, but there is a point where you are beating a dead horse. You got to last to 20 years, that above and beyond the average life for any 2.2 or 2.6. . Might be time for some newer wheels.

K car crazy
01-08-2006, 03:11 PM
well thanx for that but you are no help and i am looking for help and for your info i don't want a new car and i don't have the money to get anything different so i will have to make this one last as long as i can

K car crazy
01-22-2006, 11:04 PM
i would like some help with this the car runs really rich bad u can smell it in the house and the car is on the street what would make a car runn that rich ran out of ideas

Add your comment to this topic!