Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Switch to computer climate control.

blazer_guy86
12-06-2005, 10:33 PM
I've searched the forums and couldn't find jack on this. I got a 98 LS with the regular climate controls. I found a 98 LT at a salvage yard that has the computer climate control. And i would like the have the computer climate control in mine. But is it as simple as changing out the control unit itself. Just wondering if anybody has ever done or tried doing the switch. Any help is appreciated, thanx.

hcary
12-08-2005, 11:30 PM
Good question - bump -

gorgon2k
12-09-2005, 12:43 AM
i would deffinetly assume it isnt soo simple, alot of the mechanical systems are controlled with levers and air hoses... the electrical arent(as far as i know) its seems to me that it would be alot more then its worth

muzzy1maniac
12-09-2005, 06:47 AM
I have a 98 LT with the auto climate control and HATE IT!!! I've done a little searching on the web any many people have issues with them and no one has a cure. I either get full heat or no heat. Be thankfull you have the manual control.

93LT
12-09-2005, 08:59 AM
It works perfect (knock on wood) in my Silverado and Yukon. But, it is something I could live without.

blazer_guy86
12-09-2005, 01:24 PM
I have had my dash taken apart but i cain't remember if there was wires or what on the back of the temp controller. But i do like the computer climate control, mom had it in her 2000 LT and i loved it. But if i have to replace a lot of stuff to get this done then i ain't even gonna worry bout it. I think i'm still gonna get the control and see if it will just plug in to replace the manual one. Thanx anyways.

MT-2500
12-09-2005, 01:46 PM
A crude but effective method would be to just hook up a thermostat control to your heater on and off switch.
It would take a more than a automatic control to change it over to a automatic heat control system.
The link below will show you the two different systems.
MT

http://www.alldata.com/products/diy/index.html

KHFINLAY
12-20-2005, 02:29 PM
A crude but effective method would be to just hook up a thermostat control to your heater on and off switch.
It would take a more than a automatic control to change it over to a automatic heat control system.
The link below will show you the two different systems.
MT

http://www.alldata.com/products/diy/index.html

Dude you dont khow how lucky you are. The computer climate control has just one 32 pin wire that is connected to the module. No vacuum hoses, nada just wires. If i remember well the manual has like six vacuum hoses connected to it. The actuators are still vacuum controlled but from some sort of module (somewhere). A good idea would be to sell me the comp climate control for a reasonable price as I am presently seeking one.

Add your comment to this topic!