Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

gauges

grandamgt23
12-06-2005, 04:38 PM
i recently bought a reverse glow gauge for my 01 grand am gt and my boyfriend was going to install it. he took my dash apart and we realized the new glow gauge i had bought didnt fit. he put the old one back on and tried puttin it back together but now none of my gauges work. my rpm arrow is at 2 1/2, my gas is below E and so is the temp gauge. i dont even know if the mph will be correct when i drive. as of right now my car wont even start but that could just be the battery. how do i fix the needles on my gauges?

xeroinfinity
12-06-2005, 06:13 PM
welcome grandamgt23 , take the dash panel back out and check all the plugins. One of the tiny pins, on them might hav got'n bent and there for not making proper connections.

Hoags
12-07-2005, 09:49 AM
I agree with Xero, The only way to repair the guages is to tear it back down and carefully put it back together. Make sure that all the plugs are tight and all of the grounds are tight, also inspect the wires to make sure that there are no pinched or cut wires that could be shorting out.

Before you go too far, have you checked all of the fuses? It the boyfriend shorted a wire and blew a fuse or two.

Good luck, Sometimes you really need it with electrical issues.

grfnkl
12-07-2005, 12:39 PM
Definetly check the connections like the others said. But as a fore warning, your gauges may be not in the correct positions the first time you start the car when it gets reconnected... They normally reset themselves back to the correct positions but just watch all the gauge readings...

Add your comment to this topic!