Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Question on Hasegawa F1 models

geronimo77
12-06-2005, 02:43 PM
Hello,

I just saw on ebay some 1/24 Hasegawa F1 models. My question is that what quality they are. Like Tamiya or less detailed?
I found also some different issue of Ferrari F189 (Revolution or High Induction) what is the difference?

Thanks for the answers

RallyRaider
12-06-2005, 03:20 PM
The high induction version means it has a high airbox entry above the drivers head. Other version is the low profile early season car with the engine fed through two intakes on the sides behind the driver. Mansell won his first race for Ferrari with the low profile car in Brazil '89. After about three races the higher airbox was introduced, it allows more pressure to build up in the airbox creating a supercharging effect. The extra power overrides the increased drag and turbulence it may generate over the rear wing.

I prefer the look of the low car, plus the fact Mansell won first out in it with no long distance testing was a hell of a shock at the time!

I only have the one Hasegawa F1 model, an FW14 and it looks to be superb. Haven't built it yet but the detail is quite good. The way it is packaged is a bit of a fudge, namely as a 1992 livery with the correct aerodynamic bits for a FW14B but still with the passive suspension of the FW14. Not a big deal it is easy to build out of the box as a 1991 version.

Lambo003
12-06-2005, 05:17 PM
Just a quick note here.

Hasegawa changed decals used in their kits a while back. With the older kits, decals were printed in such a way that the base color of your model would show through and they had a very flat sheen to them. This left you with having to clear coat the decals to blend them in with the surrounding paint.

Later versions have better decals that are very glossy and opaque.

willster127
12-06-2005, 07:59 PM
I built one a while back, a Ferrari 642 and despite the lack of some details like seperate rear shocks, they are moulded into the gearbox top, I found it to go together really nicely. With the addition of some carbon decals and seat belts etc these can be made to look really nice. I'd definitely build another one. The only problem is they look really small next to a Tamiya because of the scale difference but what the heck, I build 1:43 too!!!

Heres some pics for your reference to show you what I did with mine.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/willster127/642/IMG_3981.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/willster127/642/IMG_3982.jpg

geronimo77
12-07-2005, 12:22 AM
thank you for the replies.

I asked because I just got my Tamiya F189 and than i saw this kit on ebay. 1/24 F1 would fit to my collection better because of scale. But I do not want to have an undetaild model like the Revell F1 series.

Add your comment to this topic!