Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

where to start?!?!

crx_dreamer
12-05-2005, 09:29 PM
oook, just started this forum and ive been reading whatever i can but i cant seem to find what i need. ive got an 88 hf rex with a couple of problems so any help would be greatly appreciated. first off, when i got the car it didnt have an antenna, at all... so i bought one and tried to put it in but i cant seem to find where it comes through the a-pillar at and theres so much dang wiring in there i couldnt see even if it was, oh and im using the coat hanger method so if you know a better way, do tell. pictures would greatly help!!! second, ive got a blown headgasket, pretty sure of that and almost possitive it its cylnder to coolant cause it white smokes, theres oil in the radiator and it spits out "stuff" from the exhaust. does anybody know approximately how much it would be to get the hg replaced, ive already got the whole set just need it put on? and last but not least, ive got a brake light problem, ive taken out the fuse from the from the fuse box under the hood, but when i put it back in the brake lights come on and stay on no matter what. car is totaly off no key in it not touching the brakes or anything and the brake lights stay on. ive gotten under and looked at the sensor, its not broken but i havent checked to see if it was bad. also it doesnt even look like its touching the brake pedal at all is there a way to adjust it or the pedal so that it will make contact, its probably not more then an 1/16" gap. if that isnt the problem what else do you think it might be? oh and ive got just a basic question, does anybody know what kind of numbers you could get out of a built d15b6? sorry this was so long guys and thanks for the help in advance

peacexisxfree
12-08-2005, 09:09 PM
i dont know about your antenna. dont know about the cost of labor for a hg, but know its expensive.

for your brake lights...go check your fluid level. when its low the light will stay on. if its not that, check your sensors...hit one a little if nothing else. hey, sometimes it works.

as far as "building" your motor...if you mean n/a, dont waste your time. the only thing that will produce half decent numbers is turboing it. but you need to do A LOT of extensive research before attempting such a thing.

crx_dreamer
12-10-2005, 05:14 PM
i dont know about your antenna. dont know about the cost of labor for a hg, but know its expensive.

for your brake lights...go check your fluid level. when its low the light will stay on. if its not that, check your sensors...hit one a little if nothing else. hey, sometimes it works.

as far as "building" your motor...if you mean n/a, dont waste your time. the only thing that will produce half decent numbers is turboing it. but you need to do A LOT of extensive research before attempting such a thing.

yeah i havent checked the fluid level yet but im thinken thats not it cause they stay on no matter what, enless i pull the fuse. n i was reading sumwhere about a pro drag dude runnen a built d15b6 (hf motor) with stock bore runnen 10's so anythings possible. course that was like 18:1 compression lol

Add your comment to this topic!