Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

rsx type s throttle body

russtang
06-03-2002, 08:30 PM
Anyone have any lines on a 62mm throttle body for the type s. Club RSX
has a couple for $600-700, a big rip-off if you ask me. Anything cheaper out there? Is 62 mm too big for the stock engine with intake and exhaust already on? Or is it too small? I don't have a lot of experience with 4 cylinder cars...........russtang62@hotmail.com

russtang
06-26-2002, 09:38 PM
Seems noone is as curious about these things as I am. Proflowdesign in Seattle has RSX rebored t- bodies for sale at $190.00 shipped, on exchange for your stock one. It's rebored to 64 mm from 62 mm and the taper is enlarged to 71 mm. Supposed to give awesome top end increase in hp with no loss in low end torque.As a bonus for your warranty it'll look totally stock. We'll see how it works with my Injen intake.....Russtang { try www.proflowdesign.com}
:flipa:

russtang
07-02-2002, 06:42 PM
Put the new throttle body in last night. A bit of a bitch to put in as I left my Injen intake in and had to work around it. It gives the performance it advertises. {At least with the intake already in place to improve airflow].Here's some advice to those who decide to order one. Get a new gasket in advance prior to installation {$3.50 from Acura} as Proflow Design does not supply this. The old one is paper, is glued on and tears when you try to take it off. Find a way to clamp off the coolant lines to the throttle body as they leak all over the place when you remove them if you don't.Otherwise not a bad install if you can remember to reconnect the vacuum line, the inlet and outlet coolant lines and the four sensors. Honestly , why do the Japanese have to make things so complicated.......Russtang
blue 2002 type s; type r wing, cat back , injen intake with ractive filter, 64mm t-body, synthetic oil and tranny fluid with prolong.....Next up, DC sports 4 n 1 header with high flow converter

02RSXSilver
09-09-2002, 04:57 PM
anyone want to try and get a Group purchase together on these?

the_NuBee
09-13-2002, 02:26 PM
looks too good to be true. Still s&h cost mad too much

russtang
09-13-2002, 08:06 PM
Nubee.............it's an exchange for your old one. So basically the $190 is for the work they do on the throttle body when they rebore it . They will carge you an extra $500 if you don't send your old one back to them. It cost me about $10 to ship it from Florida to seattle. I think thats a pretty good deal if you ask me. I've been modding cars for a few years now and you rarely get something for nothing. It generally always costs you 1 1/2 times what you had budgetted { or more}. This is an awesome deal as you are getting the same OEM part but even better.............Russtang

Add your comment to this topic!