Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

where is my evap canister!

iponnet
12-05-2005, 03:13 PM
I have a 2000 crown vic and just cant seem to find my charcol canister my check engine light was on and after I ran the scanner I got code P0443 evap emission control system, purge valve c fault, I guess my purge valve is malfunctioning but I cant find my canister to find the dam purge valve! any help appreciated

reekor
12-05-2005, 04:26 PM
My 89, 92, 94 has the dam charcol canister mounted on the right hand side between the rad support and the dam bumper rebar, you can only see it if you look from under the dam car. The dam purge valve is mounted on the inner fender near the dam battery.

I have a 2000 crown vic and just cant seem to find my charcol canister my check engine light was on and after I ran the scanner I got code P0443 evap emission control system, purge valve c fault, I guess my purge valve is malfunctioning but I cant find my canister to find the dam purge valve! any help appreciated

BMFer1
12-05-2005, 06:46 PM
As of the 1998 model year, Ford began mounting the canister & purge valve on the bottom side of the trunk.

iponnet
12-05-2005, 06:49 PM
thanks for the replies guys found it,,

fleettech
12-06-2005, 05:46 AM
I just had that code on a pd car and it turned out to be a broken wire about an inch behind the evap purge solonoid up on the fire wall. pull the loom back a little and it was right under where it was factory taped. it was broken inside the insulation so you might have to undo the ecm connector and ohm out the wire I think it was pin 65 and the green wire/black tracer on the solonoid plug.

Add your comment to this topic!