Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Steps/Nerf Bars - Good ones?

MonteroMan
12-05-2005, 02:58 PM
Does anyone know where to get a good set of Steps for a 2002 Montero? I do see some on eBay real cheap, but I don't know if I want to be going there.

Anyone had any experiences buying them on eBay?

Anyone have any recomendations on what brands are good and don't require a degree in automotive engineering to install?

Thanks

MonteroMan
12-13-2005, 08:46 AM
Actually, if anyone is looking into this I did buy some off eBay. They came yesterday and they are pretty good. I got a set of black ones for $145 + $30 (shipping) . Pretty good, seeing as the cheapest I could find them elsewhere online was around $250 + shipping. They are Back Country brand which are pretty good and shipping was fast.

I got them from this guy:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8010467982

They installed in about a half hour and didn't need any drilling or really much trouble at all, simple bolt on. They appear to be pretty strong. They also look alot better than the picture in the auction (the picture dosen't do them justice). I may get a digital camera and I'll post some pictures later.

I don't know how these eBay people get the stuff so cheap to sell. I wish I could find out, I have some other stuff I'd like to buy for my Monte...

Just thought I'd pass it along if anyone is looking for the same.

Add your comment to this topic!