Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I need these Parts Please Help

missx555
12-05-2005, 01:42 PM
I am looking for the front air struts for a 1993 Mark VIII. I find myself with monetary problems since the parts are so expensive, I was thinking of fixing the front air struts(invested in the rear air bags less than 3 months ago before the front ones gave out) so just want to buys some used struts, fix the car, and sell it. I love my car, but the maintenance is so expensive. Well if anyone has any suggestions, or has the part please let my know.

frankjc
12-06-2005, 11:29 AM
My suggestion would be fix the car and keep it. Since you have already replaced the rears, especially if you love the car.
I am having problems with mine too...which will have to wait til after xmas. I am not sure what I am going to do about it yet.
check these places....for prices.
www.americanairsuspension.com www.strutmasters.com They both have "conversion kits", and air struts.
I recently saw some used ones on ebay that went for $270, which in my opinion is WAY to much for a pair of used struts.

BlackiceLSC
12-07-2005, 09:21 PM
a good friend of mine named Jamie is the son in law of one of the largest Mark VIII used parts sellers in the world.

The seller is know as "Mopar68GTX" on ebay.

Jamie can set you up with used air struts for a fair price.
you can find him at

Cchevrolow at aol.com

tell him "Blakc Ice" sent you.

but...FWIW, used air struts can leak alor easier than old ones currently in use. Here's why:

The air spring is a rubber bladder that "folds" over itself as it inflates/vents. these folds can cause 'cracking' in certain areas. as the bag inflates/unfolds, the cracks can be exposed, allowing air to leak out.

every car is different. what might NOT leak on one car, might on another. In other words, you could buy a set of used air springs, go through the hassle of swapping them in, only to find they too leak.

The lower the mileage, the better. try to find a used set that had less than 60k miles/6 years on them.

If ya need more help, let me know.

BlkMarkVIII
01-14-2006, 01:52 PM
I have a 94 Mark VIII, i have an extra set of all four air struts, if your still interested let me know

nighthawkgolf
08-24-2007, 12:50 PM
Good afternoon. I recently purchased a 1993 Mark VIII from my mechanic and it is the best car I hace ever owned. The air ride system was replaced with struts, and I don't have to turn the car on four times a day to keep the air system working. I am new to this forum and still navigating my way around, but I need some help with my car. The radio comes on but there is no sound. I have replaced the antenna with one from a 1995, because the original one kept going up and down by itself for no apparent reason. I found a JBL amplifier at a junk yard, but the connectors don't line up in the middle. Everything else works on the car fine except I dont have any sound system. Everything is in tact along with a cd changer in the trunk, but the radio does not have that option. There are three boxes or devices under the back window ina "cage" which work for the radio. I now hear a buzz, and there is a noise behind the glove compartment. I wish to keep the original radio and amp rather than switching it out completely. from the looks of the speakers around the cabin it should be awesome when working? Thanks for any and all help.

BlackiceLSC
11-18-2007, 07:54 PM
probably the amp...when it goes out...you have no sound.

93-94 used a completely different amp part number than 95-98.
the one you bought is probably for a 95-98.

I have a 93-94 amp I can sell you.

$50+ shipping.

I have removed/wired/fixed several sound system problems in numerous Mark VIII's. Very rarily was it something other than the amp.

The other devices in the rear amp tray are

phone module
compass module.

gbasha
08-12-2008, 10:38 PM
help ..im locked out.. my wife locked the keys in the car with the switch to ON.. the battery is dead and the door code wont open the door.. other than call the lock guys , can someone tell me what i can do to gain access... thanks George

JR Tigerstar
08-13-2008, 07:38 AM
help ..im locked out.. my wife locked the keys in the car with the switch to ON.. the battery is dead and the door code wont open the door.. other than call the lock guys , can someone tell me what i can do to gain access... thanks George
You might want to start a new Thread.
This one is for parts & nine months old.

ErickTR
08-14-2008, 09:33 AM
Ford Thunderbird uses the same strut without the air.
You can convert your air struts to regular coil struts by getting the struts off a Thunderbird of the same year and seal off your front air lines.
http://reviews.ebay.com/Lincoln-Mark-VIII-front-conversion-kit_W0QQugidZ10000000001804237

Add your comment to this topic!