Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

cold air

frizbal
12-05-2005, 11:13 AM
does cold air really improve on power and gas as much as it says. im thinking of getting it but want to make sure that it works good if im payin 250 for it. and also puttin a highflow on but dont know a good place to get one. any help?

rajiv66
12-05-2005, 03:09 PM
not sure about gas but it does improve power. The SLP "Flowpack" claims to deliver 25 rear wheel hp. even if it gets 15 or 20 its still very good for bolt on's. hell its cheaper than a throttle body and give more power. a high flow airlid should come with it. If not there about $90-110 depending on which kind you get

Matt365
12-05-2005, 04:36 PM
its improves gas by being less restrictive that ur cars stock filter. if you want good gas mileage the secret is to let the car breath.

FormulaForce
12-07-2005, 02:24 PM
My car had one (cold-air pickup) when i bought it, so I can't vouch for the gains although I'm sure they are there. It works off a basic principle: the colder the air, the less space between the molecules and the more you can stuff into your cylinders. It used to be an old racers trick to put a bag of ice on the intake manifold before a race. Same concept. Not sure which brand is best. Hot Rod tested Fram's Air Hawg system a while back and it showed definite gains. K&N & Moroso make ones for F-bodies.

Darrensls1
12-08-2005, 07:50 AM
not sure about gas but it does improve power. The SLP "Flowpack" claims to deliver 25 rear wheel hp. even if it gets 15 or 20 its still very good for bolt on's. hell its cheaper than a throttle body and give more power. a high flow airlid should come with it. If not there about $90-110 depending on which kind you get

It's actually more like 10 rwhp. The only thing in that kit worth a damn is the air lid. The rest does little if anything at all. The best combo you can do is any lid + SSRA or any lid + FTRA. Gains will be slightly better at higher speeds then the flow pak. SLP is famous for boasting HP gains that they can not actually produce. They claim 25 horses from the loudmouth exhaust. But reality is more like 10 to the wheels. So even fwhp isn't 25 :nono:

SLP LT headers have clearance issues, the lids have had fitment issues and they always boast claims they can not back up. Not a big fan of SLP products here. They do make a few decent products but it always helps to research all brands before you buy.

Sorry, didn't mean to go this far off topic. Carry on.

ikeyballz
12-10-2005, 03:51 AM
haha quit hatin on SLP! jussst playin..
i gotta say tho, tho they make their products crappy i do wish i had that formula firehawk the 92-ish ones...350hp350ft/lb, 17's
sweeeeet. :] :drools:

Add your comment to this topic!