Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Regal GS Tires

vjp64
12-05-2005, 10:23 AM
I am in need of some new tires for my 99 GS but can't remeber what tire was on this thing when I bought it new.
I have been using Cooper 225 60 R 16 Touring LSE from a local tire dealer but would like to try something else.
I think the factory was a goodyear type I believe.
Maybe someone has a good suggestion for me.

Thanks.

Master01
12-05-2005, 07:45 PM
I bought some Bridgestone G009 Potenza's from tire rack and man are they better that those stock goodyear eagles. I don't care too much for goodyear's tires. It cost me $355, also see if any tire places will match tire racks price as I only live 20miles away from their central wherehouse.

BNaylor
12-06-2005, 08:55 AM
I went with Yokohama Avid V4S tires for my GS.

I agree that the stock Goodyear Eagle Touring tires leave a lot to be desired.

rquack
12-06-2005, 11:49 AM
I just bought a set of Michelin Harmony 225/60/16 and put them on my 2000 Regal. They seem to be handling the Michigan winter weather very well, good stopping traction and forward drive traction in the small snow accumulations weve had so far. On the dry XWay they ride very smooth and quiet. Prob the best set of tires I've ever owned. I had Gyear eagles on the car before the change and after my son experienced a 70mph blow out (with 50% remaining tread life, proper inflation, and a 50 degree night) I lost confidence in them totally and bought the new full set of Michelin's. Can't count the times i've found myself at 85mph when I thought it felt like 65. With only a couple months driving time I can't yet comment about wear characteristics, but so far I'm VERY satisfied and pleased with the decision to install the Mich Harmony tires. FYI $455 installed.

Add your comment to this topic!