Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

? about fuse box and dome light

IntegraTypeRS
06-03-2002, 05:27 PM
okie i'm trying to install neon lights under my dash near the foot area.. i want it to light up everytime i open the door so i decided to hook it up to the dome light. well when i tried to hook it up to the green/darkgreen wire the neon would only light up if i close the door. well i don't want that. so i went to cut the other wire(the light pink and red) and right when i cut it(with the door opeN) there was a spark.. i cut the wire near the under the door foot panel.. anyways.. so i didn't think anything about the spark and proceed to hooking up the neon.. well it didn't work. and when i reconnect it back the way it was.. it didn't work either.. and now my dome light isn't work.. so i was wondering if that spark messed up a fuse? if so which fuse would that be? or is there a way to fix the dome light and connect it another way so i can have the neon light up everytime i up the door? thanks

CXHatchback
06-03-2002, 10:31 PM
You probably blew your dome light fuse. Makes sense I would think.

IntegraTypeRS
06-04-2002, 12:34 AM
do you know where i can get a diagram of the fuses?

RedRocketGSR
06-04-2002, 09:38 PM
If i were you i would hook it up to the fuse for when you turn on the lights. The fuse is called, instrument lights, tail lights and somethin else i believe. The reason i say that is because you will only be able to see it when it's dark anyways...right? See what im saying? Let me know if you need any help with it.;)

IntegraTypeRS
06-04-2002, 11:07 PM
i want to connect it to the dome light so everytime i open the door it will light up. but the thing is when i connect it to the door trigger it only lights up when i close the door..

when i fixed all the problems with my car imma retry it.

IntegraTypeRS
06-06-2002, 05:07 PM
well i fixed everything.. thanks for your help i guess............... time to install my blue neons :D

Add your comment to this topic!