Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 blazer runs and idles rough

lank_dogg_420
12-05-2005, 01:09 AM
i just replaced the CPI, cap, rotor, plugs, and wires, now it runs and idles kinda rough. the oil pressure goes down to about 18 when it is idling. the SES light is always flashing. i was thinkin it was maybe timing or the cat converter i pluged up from running with a leaky CPI

BlazerLT
12-05-2005, 01:29 AM
did you replace and check the nut kit?

Clean the EGR valve.

lank_dogg_420
12-05-2005, 12:28 PM
did you replace and check the nut kit?

Clean the EGR valve.

the nut kit looked just fine. i tried to clean the egr valve the best i could.

93LT
12-05-2005, 12:39 PM
When you inspected the nut kit, did you activate the fuel pump with the upper plenum off to see if those plastic lines were leaking (pin hole, non detectable by the naked eye)?

Pin had a hole that I couldn’t see even after seeing the fuel squirt from the line.

lank_dogg_420
12-05-2005, 01:23 PM
When you inspected the nut kit, did you activate the fuel pump with the upper plenum off to see if those plastic lines were leaking (pin hole, non detectable by the naked eye)?

Pin had a hole that I couldn’t see even after seeing the fuel squirt from the line.

i pressurize the fuel system many times to make sure that it was ok

ZL1power69
12-05-2005, 01:30 PM
what about the fuel regulator?

lank_dogg_420
12-05-2005, 01:55 PM
the fuel regulator is part of the CPI

BlazerLT
12-05-2005, 03:51 PM
I would recheck the EGR valve again, more carbon could have come loose.

lank_dogg_420
12-05-2005, 06:41 PM
i cleaned the EGR valve and started it up for a couple seconds with it off and a bunch of black crap came out but it still has the rough idle. i also hooked it up to a scanner and under I/M readiness the catalyst monitor, oxygen sensor monitor, oxygen heater sensor monitor, and EGR system monitor were all "inc". i also noticed that the fuel system would open and close at random. was also wondering if it could be timing when it runs shitty the advanceing goes from 8 to 26 degrees. when running somewhat shitty its right around 32 degrees.

scottb1
12-05-2005, 07:02 PM
I have a 94 jimmy with 183 k and it ran terrible @ any speed, also had fairly new cpi,clean egr etc. Just by pure luck, noticed the pink wire from igniton module to coil was chaffed and bare wire was rubbing on the distributer lock down bolt. ...good luck.

lank_dogg_420
12-05-2005, 07:25 PM
so i pulled the upper pleaum to see it it was the nut kit but what i found was gas sitting on the passenger side so i pulled the plugs and found cylinder 6 must be getting to much fuel cause the plug was soaked in gas. having just replaced the CPI i dont have and idea what is going on.

rlith
12-05-2005, 10:31 PM
so i pulled the upper pleaum to see it it was the nut kit but what i found was gas sitting on the passenger side so i pulled the plugs and found cylinder 6 must be getting to much fuel cause the plug was soaked in gas. having just replaced the CPI i dont have and idea what is going on.

It's not uncommon to get a bad CPI right out of the box. I would exchange it under warranty just to be on the safe side. Do a general tune up as well (cap/rotor/plugs/wires)

Add your comment to this topic!