Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1999 v10 loads up and miss fires after slow driving runs great on highway

borninabarn
12-04-2005, 03:10 PM
Have a 1999 v10 2500 2wd you putt around town for 10 minutes and the thing gets all loaded up can put in gear and push the throttle almost to the floor and then at almost full throttle it comes out of it this truck runs great on the highway just loads up around town took off convertors and cleaned them out scanned it come up with a po132 code shorted wiring could the temp sensor cause this problem?any ideas let me know thanks

wehswarriorS-10
12-05-2005, 05:53 PM
yes because if you have a short in ur temp sensor wires it makes your computer think its 40below and it dumps all kinds of extra fuel in ur engine...could be a source of your problem

borninabarn
12-05-2005, 06:34 PM
yes because if you have a short in ur temp sensor wires it makes your computer think its 40below and it dumps all kinds of extra fuel in ur engine...could be a source of your problem
Thanks i ordered one yesterday thought the same thing be in tommorrow will let you know if that was the fix.

borninabarn
12-06-2005, 06:54 PM
Thanks i ordered one yesterday thought the same thing be in tommorrow will let you know if that was the fix.
Well the temp sensor was bad now the gage works correctly on the scanner and dash but the problem still exist.I get a code of po132 shortage to voltage to low for o2 sensor 1/1 left bank will go that route now.

borninabarn
12-07-2005, 08:27 PM
Well the temp sensor was bad now the gage works correctly on the scanner and dash but the problem still exist.I get a code of po132 shortage to voltage to low for o2 sensor 1/1 left bank will go that route now.
Well this ones fixed was the o2 left bank drivers side. on to the next one.

Add your comment to this topic!