Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Window Tinting

Viper_Storm
12-04-2005, 11:54 AM
is there a down side to getting your windows tinted in the winter? like i am under the impression that the hot sun in the summer kinda bakes the tint on to the windows, is that true at all?

also a quick tint question, maybe someone can help, im looking for tint that will be hard to see in, thats black, and will allow me to see out at night, i was thinking about 10% but i heard that you cant see out it at night, but i donno about 15% i just dont want ppl looking in, casing my car, i wanna put a good sound system in but cant and wont untill my windows are tinted.

also when you goto a shop do you pick the brand you want them to use?
what brand(s) would be the best? something that will hold up for a long time.

:feedback:

philly rs
12-04-2005, 01:01 PM
well if u want 10perscent u will have a hard time seeing out of it for the first couple of weeks. after it settled in and u get use to it it wont be so hard to see out of. mines was double 15 and the front windshield was 15 as well, but my back window was under 5 percent. at night i couldnt see shit out of my back window unless a light was behind me. as for where u go and what brand, certain places are regestered with a tint company and that is the one they work with....for warranty reasons. so most place have the one tint comapny they use. i got my windows done once in the summer, and twice in the winter (before i moved to florida) and they both turned out great. the heat does help it dry faster, bust as long as u dont wash the windows or roll them down for awhile u will be ok

Savage Messiah
12-04-2005, 01:55 PM
Dude the cops are gonna bust your ass with that

666_speed
12-04-2005, 02:08 PM
Dude the cops are gonna bust your ass with that

hahahaha nothing is said to me and my 5%

Rally Sport
12-04-2005, 02:17 PM
hahahaha nothing is said to me and my 5%

Yeah because you're with em

Anyway, Viper I would get the darkest legal tint on the back which I dont think there can be one thats too dark. On the sides though ask for them to put the one that is darkest and legal, I think 35%, its hard enough to see inside from the outside anyway so you wont have much to worry about.

Savage Messiah
12-04-2005, 02:28 PM
NJ law... you can have any damn tint you want on the back, and NONE at all on the front driver and passenger windows and windshield (well except the top part). 4 door cars can tint the back windows, but nothing at all on the fronts

Rally Sport
12-04-2005, 02:45 PM
NJ law... you can have any damn tint you want on the back, and NONE at all on the front driver and passenger windows and windshield (well except the top part). 4 door cars can tint the back windows, but nothing at all on the fronts

Thats pretty whack. Im not sure about here but I didnt get in trouble for having window tint on my driver and passenger windows, NJ sucks.

z28 boy
12-04-2005, 03:24 PM
Well my car had 20% on the door windows and just last week i laid another layer of 5% over the old 20%. now thats dark as hell, u cant see in at all and u can bearly see out, not very safe at night tho.

666_speed
12-04-2005, 04:05 PM
i want another 5% on top of the 5 thats on there now...after i put ttops in my car it lightened up so much...not dark enough anymore

Viper_Storm
12-05-2005, 03:20 AM
im trying to figure out which will be darkest to see in but allow me to see out on a good side at night, i teist around and look straight out the back window to park, other then parking i dont give a poop, im only tinting the back 3 windows for now, most of my audio system will be in the back and the aftermarket deck will be detachable face so i wont have to worry about that.

Xbox2202
12-05-2005, 07:26 AM
I have 5% all the way around, covering all the windows completely except the front, and it's tinted on the top. I can't see crap at night unless there are lights, especially in the back (it might be 0% in the back, I've never got it tested). You get use to it after a while though, and learn to remember where stuff is around you when you park. Don't worry about not being able to see out the windows, you can still see enough with 5% tint to drive.

Rally Sport
12-05-2005, 08:24 AM
You know 0% means you cant see crap outside, right?

philly rs
12-05-2005, 09:10 PM
i never heard of 0 percent tint lol

666_speed
12-05-2005, 09:18 PM
5% was good enough for me when i didnt have ttops but i want it darker now...i still have to roll down the windows when backing up at night though and 2% is the darkest i can find around here

Matt365
12-05-2005, 09:18 PM
u have to stack it

Add your comment to this topic!