Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

RATS! Rock chipped windshield - Any luck with the fix it goo?

runm-n-rekm
12-04-2005, 05:02 AM
Ok, first let me say that I don't tailgate trucks on the highway, and I do try to pass them while moving at least twice as fast as they are. But, after last road trip I arrived home with a small chip on the glass mid passenger side. It is looking like it will trace both up and down and across, has a + starting around the chip. Prolly a 'spensive piece of glass so I'm saving up my extra beer money (extra?)for a new windshield. Meanwhile, has anyone ever used the window fix it goo? Should I just toss a brick through it and call the insurance and tell them the neighbor kids did it? :nono: If anyone has used the window glue and can still type from not gluing thier fingers together please let me know. :lol: Also, if anyone knows how much a windshield for a 97 Camaro costs, please type it in small letters. JJ

victimizati0n
12-04-2005, 01:58 PM
your insurance company should insure you for a crack in the winshield.

runm-n-rekm
12-04-2005, 10:37 PM
Yea insurance... I didn't cough up for full coverage though, just liability. I was told a new one would be $300 - $350. Not too bad if that's all. Wow! Snow in Iowa and bunk road conditions. Glad I have some extra cars to smash and bash through winter. The Camaro can stay home and sip hot cocoa all day. JJ

tom3
01-02-2006, 07:36 AM
Had a chip on my truck. Insurance said they would pay for the repair, or a new windshield for $100 deductable. Being cheap I went for the repair at a local glass shop. After it was fixed it was as bad as before it was fixed, maybe a bit worse. They drill a small hole and inject some stuff in it. Maybe it keeps it from cracking worse in cold weather, don't know, but I sure wish I'd had the glass replaced. I guess you have nothing to lose with the repair, hope yours turns out better than mine. Your car has airbags so the windshield uses special glue/sealer when replaced.

jcurrieirocz
01-27-2006, 08:25 PM
becaurfull on those chip insuance fixes......most insurance companys will put a claim thru for a chip just the same as if its a hole new window so if your going to get insurance to fix a chip make sure they do a hole windshield. your insuance will go up the same (or it counts as a claim ust the same taking another notch off your alowable claims before a price hike)...maybe the chip could be coached hahah.
I think for like 30bucks or something most auto glass places fix chips and sometimes they come back mostly dont tho depending on how bad.

Add your comment to this topic!