Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1000 HP 350z

BigG123
12-04-2005, 12:46 AM
Anyone know if it's possible to get 1000 HP out of a 350z?

beef_bourito
12-04-2005, 11:55 AM
it's very possible. the question is how difficult is it to do on pump gas. you can have a 350z with a bored out engine with a longer stroke than normal, full exhaust system, turbocharger running 30psi of boost, nitrous and all supporting systems for these upgrades (stronger internals, better fuel system, better engine management, etc) but it'll be impossible to run on the street because you don't have cats, it's too loud, you're car's made of carbon fiber, all that good stuff that the government doesn't like.

Let's put it this way, you can make almost any engine have almost any ammount of power, the limiting factors are how much money you have, your willingness to work on it alot, your access to parts, your mechanical skill, your class regulations (if you race), and how badly you want to do it.

a little more info on what your goals are would be helpful, do you want a drag car, a circuit car, an endurance car, a drifter, these all play important roles in what you want to do and how you go about doing it. for example, if you wanted to build a drag car, it'd say you want to bore out the cylenders, increae the stroke, get a stronger block, get stronger crankshaft, con rods, pistons, heads, get larger heads, make a twin turbo setup, get nitrous, alcohol injection, nitromethane fuel, a custom fuel system, make the car out of carbon fiber, get a MUCH stronger transmission, driveshaft, and differential, drag slicks, suspension, roll cage, and probably a whole bunch more. all this will probably cost well over $50,000 but you'll have a very capable drag car. it also probably won't run in any classes because of some of the mods.

BigG123
12-04-2005, 12:25 PM
Ye Drag would be nice. But like can I have it without doing a engine swap? I also wanted to like tune it down when I on the street and tune it back when I on the strip. 1000 + HP !!!! o yea!!!!

it's very possible. the question is how difficult is it to do on pump gas. you can have a 350z with a bored out engine with a longer stroke than normal, full exhaust system, turbocharger running 30psi of boost, nitrous and all supporting systems for these upgrades (stronger internals, better fuel system, better engine management, etc) but it'll be impossible to run on the street because you don't have cats, it's too loud, you're car's made of carbon fiber, all that good stuff that the government doesn't like.

Let's put it this way, you can make almost any engine have almost any ammount of power, the limiting factors are how much money you have, your willingness to work on it alot, your access to parts, your mechanical skill, your class regulations (if you race), and how badly you want to do it.

a little more info on what your goals are would be helpful, do you want a drag car, a circuit car, an endurance car, a drifter, these all play important roles in what you want to do and how you go about doing it. for example, if you wanted to build a drag car, it'd say you want to bore out the cylenders, increae the stroke, get a stronger block, get stronger crankshaft, con rods, pistons, heads, get larger heads, make a twin turbo setup, get nitrous, alcohol injection, nitromethane fuel, a custom fuel system, make the car out of carbon fiber, get a MUCH stronger transmission, driveshaft, and differential, drag slicks, suspension, roll cage, and probably a whole bunch more. all this will probably cost well over $50,000 but you'll have a very capable drag car. it also probably won't run in any classes because of some of the mods.

beef_bourito
12-04-2005, 02:06 PM
on a stock 350z block, I highly doubt that you could have 1000hp. and you can tune a car for street and strip, you can get a turbo controller if you have a turbocharger installed on your car. this can raise or lower the ammount of boost you're running and you could change it so you don't detonate on pump gas. also nitrous will only give you power when you use it so if you were using a 300hp shot of nitrous then you'd only have to build the engine for 700hp.

BigG123
12-04-2005, 02:19 PM
I can have the engine tuned to 700 HP and make up for 1000 HP with Nitrious. That a good idea but like I could keep the motor if comes with and mod that? Or can I put in like a 2JZ-GTE? But I don't have to do that.

CBFryman
12-04-2005, 02:54 PM
No you would have to build and engine for 1000hp that has 700hp off the bottle...
the 350Z block is not going to handle 1000hp. However if you had the money you could have block, internals, heads, exceterall custom machiened that could...but at that rate it'd be better to get a vehicle that has an engine capeable of handleing 1000hp.
Why you want 1000hp i have no idea. it doesnt take that kind of power to go fast... there arent even many tires which can hold back that kind of power.

Schister66
12-04-2005, 03:43 PM
how about build it for 400whp and you'll have more than enough power to do almost anything.....just realize that when you get into those kinds of numbers that the amount you spend is exponential...getting power keeps costing more and more per hp.....

BigG123
12-04-2005, 04:24 PM
nah I think the 350z engine can handle 1000 HP with some modification's.

Schister66
12-04-2005, 04:43 PM
theres a whole list of things you'd have to do to get that engine to make 1000whp and hold together.

1. New Manley/Crower H beam rods
2. Low comp piston heads
3. Resleeve the block
4. New crank
5. New mains so the crank doesnt shoot out the bottom
6. Build the head so the valves don't float under all that boost.
7. New Quaife tranny
8. New driveshaft, rear end and axle
9. Heavy duty twin six puck clutch
10. Deep pockets because doing all of this is going to cost AT LEAST $30k w/ the turbo set up.....and then you have to buy the car....

and the list is going to go on and on and on......

but it can easily be done because there are GSR Integras that are making 800+whp on a 1.8L I4....

kachok25
12-04-2005, 07:04 PM
I think tha tyou would have to bore and sleeve it first. Alumanum blocks are not known for their strengh when heavy boost is involved. Just a thought I have never actualy tuned a VQ35

Schister66
12-05-2005, 06:51 AM
i put resleeving on my list.....#3

slideways...
12-08-2005, 04:37 AM
the option/JUN top speed trial Z already got well over 700, so 1000 isnt far away.

Add your comment to this topic!