Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1995 Buick LeSabre Electrical Problems

Dick57
12-03-2005, 07:24 PM
I have a 1995 Buick LeSabre with automatic heat A/C temperature control. Battery went dead. Replaced battery & everything seemed to be ok. Then Battery went dead again. When battery recharged & reinstalled, horn blows when battery cable attached. Disconnected horn. Car ran ok for a few days then auto heat/A/C control started going off & on. Beeped every few seconds as it turned off & on. Digital display went crazy with odd displays going on & off. Finally controller quit completely & digital display off. Can’t turn it on. Checked fuses under dash & under hood. All OK. Got another used auto temp controller & installed it today. It doesn’t come on either. Auto controller in passenger door works & fan comes on. Horn still blows if I reconnect it. Any suggestions on how to get the heater controller working & the horn working? I suspect the horn relay is bad but it might be in the switch on the steering wheel. I am totally out of ideas on the heater control.

LeSabre97mint
12-06-2005, 08:21 AM
I have a 1995 Buick LeSabre with automatic heat A/C temperature control. Battery went dead. Replaced battery & everything seemed to be ok. Then Battery went dead again. When battery recharged & reinstalled, horn blows when battery cable attached. Disconnected horn. Car ran ok for a few days then auto heat/A/C control started going off & on. Beeped every few seconds as it turned off & on. Digital display went crazy with odd displays going on & off. Finally controller quit completely & digital display off. Can’t turn it on. Checked fuses under dash & under hood. All OK. Got another used auto temp controller & installed it today. It doesn’t come on either. Auto controller in passenger door works & fan comes on. Horn still blows if I reconnect it. Any suggestions on how to get the heater controller working & the horn working? I suspect the horn relay is bad but it might be in the switch on the steering wheel. I am totally out of ideas on the heater control.

Hello

I believe an auto heat control has the ablility to be checked out by a scanner just like the computer for the engine.

You know....none of the switched really turn things on....what the switch does is to tell the computer to turn the item on. When you open a door the door switch tells the computer to turn the lights on.

Regards

Dan

Dick57
12-06-2005, 09:48 PM
Hello

I believe an auto heat control has the ablility to be checked out by a scanner just like the computer for the engine.

You know....none of the switched really turn things on....what the switch does is to tell the computer to turn the item on. When you open a door the door switch tells the computer to turn the lights on.

Regards

Dan

Dan - Thanks. I think you are right. I was at a Buick dealer today and the shop manual seemed to talk about codes that could be read. It was a difficult manual for someone not familiar with reading them but I think I need to take the car in to see if they can read some codes and figure out what is going on. Thanks. Dick

Add your comment to this topic!