Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

gsr in a del sol

cnycivic
06-03-2002, 07:41 AM
i have a 93 del sol si ... my question is, i am getting a gsr swap put in ... i was told that the shift linkage wont work from the gsr to my del sol ... the gsr is a 99 and i was told that i need a 94 del sol vtec shift linkage... is this true or can i use my stock one or can i use the gsr's ?

turboedsol
06-03-2002, 12:46 PM
i have heard the same thing about the shift linkage but that is just what i have read on fourms i cant give you facts. You might want to check out Honda Vision (http://www.hondavision.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=16) there are people there that are goin through the same thing. Good Luck and let us know how that that swap turns
Ryan

Moppie
06-04-2002, 01:22 AM
Differnt gear box requires different linkage. :)

You will need the VTEC delsol linkage, or you might be able to try an Integra linkage. (but it might be to long)

drift
06-04-2002, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Moppie
Differnt gear box requires different linkage. :)

You will need the VTEC delsol linkage, or you might be able to try an Integra linkage. (but it might be to long)

correct.

but integra linkage and civic linkage are the same for corresponding motors, i.e. B18C into a Civic is the same as putting a B18C into a teg... same chassis.

drift
06-04-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by drift

correct.

but integra linkage and civic linkage are the same for corresponding motors, i.e. B18C into a Civic is the same as putting a B18C into a teg... same chassis.

the only difference is the CRX in some cases.

Moppie
06-04-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by drift

the only difference is the CRX in some cases.

I believe the 1st and 2nd gen CRX based on the 3rd and 4th gen Civics are actualy a bit shorter in the frount, and so have a shorter shift linakge.

However the 3rd gen CRX (del sol in the US) is more closely based on the 5th gen Civic platform and so has the same lenth shift linkage.
While all the integra models use the same shift linkage as the Civic model they were based on.

styleANDspeed
07-21-2004, 10:54 PM
I have the same problem here ..I have a b18c5 motor in my 95 del sol SI. and I also have question bout a shift linkage. I have 2 shift linkages at my house the one I had on my car before and other one came with the motor from a "00 JDM Type R. but none of them fit. I am pretty sure that if I get a shift linkage from a vtec del sol it'll fit. but I was wondering if the one from a civic or integra with a b series motor will fit ?????? really need some answers thanks

91civicDXdude
07-24-2004, 11:27 AM
88-91 civic and CRX have identical linkages. the 2g integra, based on the 88-91 civic chassis, has a linkage that is longer than the civic/crx.

Add your comment to this topic!