Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Anyone here work at a dealership?

porscheguy9999
12-02-2005, 11:03 PM
Im considering getting a job at my local Chrysler/Jeep dealership (Walser Chrysler Jeep in Hopkins if anyone here lives in MN). It also happens to be the same place where I bought my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee, so would that at all be somthing that would put me ahead of another applicant? And I know the salesman so could he have any influence on the management? Anyone who works at a dealership please reply with advice. Thanks.

mazdatech177
12-03-2005, 07:16 AM
well i guess it would depend on what position you were applying for. if its service dept, then i certainly hope they wouldnt hire you based on a salespersons recommendation. youll need experience and previoous qualifications/training to put you ahead of others. and then once you get the job, you gotta be good at it, not much room for error in my field

curtis73
12-03-2005, 12:49 PM
Personality puts you ahead. Often times they can see what makes a good salesperson from a mile away. Typically you'll go through a training period which kinda separates the men from the boys (no patriarchal references intended) but the worst that will happen is you don't sell anything and you move on.

I was a terrible salesperson. I only lasted about 3 months, but I understand why I failed, I understand what it took to be a good salesperson, I just wasn't "it".

MT-2500
12-03-2005, 01:09 PM
Dealerships are like the old gray mare/horse.
They are not what the used to be.
I do not think buying a car is going to put you ahead of anyone else.
You are entering a dog eat dog world there.
Some people have got it and some have not.
Do some thinking on it before you jump at it.
I am a old country boy so.
And remember the grass always looks better on the other side of the fence.
Good Luck
MT

JLad10687
12-05-2005, 10:16 AM
Well, I know a service person at a local Jeep dealership around here and because I knew him I got the job so apparently an employee reference is good. I ended up not taking the job.

porscheguy9999
12-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the advice. The position is in the service department making transactions and all that. But the more I think about it, the more it seems like I would hate it after a while. And dealerships have a reputation for being hostile work places (at least in my mind). But the service dept. might be better. I dont know really. If anyone could give me an idea of what the enviroment of the service dept. versus the showroom is, that would be great. I may just look into it and decide its not for me. Who knows...

MT-2500
09-26-2013, 05:42 PM
Drivegarber.com is providing Rochester Car Dealers. If you want any suggestion then feel free for contact.

This post is about 8 years old.

esturgeon
10-29-2013, 08:40 PM
Nice !!!!!!

GoPro Car busted (http://task2refer.com/index.php?refcode=2986)

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMWKSOWrOfSpQDTDz6dtMN1dUt0EM_X 5a1D2xEPUafiwP19Hxn

Allenriddoch
10-30-2013, 11:49 PM
It totally depends upon the exact position your interested to work. Moreover, as a salesperson your ability to convince people, personality, communication skills matter a lot.

Add your comment to this topic!