Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

04 Grand AM - Wipers just died

manyc
12-02-2005, 10:08 AM
My wipers just quit working while I was driving to work. I was running them set on intermittent when they died. They no loner work in any setting. The washers still work and the fuse is intact. I don't see a relay in the fuse box for the wipers. Is there some other place I should look ? If its the wiper module where is it located ? I'm hoping for a quick fix since, lucky me, I have to drive 30 miles through snow storm to get home. any promp replys would be greatly appreciated.

xeroinfinity
12-02-2005, 11:04 AM
welcome manyc. Was there a big build up of snow and or ice on the windshield? Might hav bound the linkage if so from the heavy snowload.
Turn them on and try to move them up by hand to see if maybe you can free up somehting sticking.
But this could be anything from a bad ground of the motor to a motor fail'r. Being an 04 its not likly to be the motor, but you never know. And thier might be a relay for the wipers, not sure which fuse box its in though.

manyc
12-02-2005, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the reply. They just started working again (after 4 hours). It definitely wasn't a binding problem since it was only raining at the time. According to the owners manual the motor has protection from binding by cutting the motor power off when gets hot. Must be done using a thermostat of some kind. I bet (or hope) since I was running them at the lowest intermittent rate that it got hot and shut off until it cooled down.

Add your comment to this topic!