Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 jimmy fuel pump replacement

a69charger
11-30-2005, 09:21 PM
does anyone know if or has anyone tried to install an external fuel pump on a 95 jimmy with a 4.3 vortec cpi? i keep burning out pumps in the tank and to replace it i have to replace the whole sending unit and pump. i would like to take the pump out of the tank, extend the pickup tube, install a screen on the pickup tube and cut in an external pump on the frame rail. wiring is not and issue and i don't think the pump should be a problem as long as it is rated to the right pressure. anyone think it will work or has anyone done this? thanks in advance to all who responed.

danpaz_uy
12-09-2005, 08:13 PM
does anyone know if or has anyone tried to install an external fuel pump on a 95 jimmy with a 4.3 vortec cpi? i keep burning out pumps in the tank and to replace it i have to replace the whole sending unit and pump. i would like to take the pump out of the tank, extend the pickup tube, install a screen on the pickup tube and cut in an external pump on the frame rail. wiring is not and issue and i don't think the pump should be a problem as long as it is rated to the right pressure. anyone think it will work or has anyone done this? thanks in advance to all who responed.

you cant do it, the pump goes in the tank, because it needs to be refrigerated with the fuel, owed to tfhe high pressure that works, try to fiind out uhy they get burnt, it should be something wrong in the electrical circuit, check voltage in the plug, good luck
try using ac delco, they are around 80 dolars

Add your comment to this topic!