Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

drivers side leaking?

victimizati0n
11-30-2005, 07:04 PM
im pretty sure that the drivers side door is leaking on my 98 camaro.

When my dad was washing the car, i noticed some water leaking in when i was cleaning the interior out. It was dripping down onto the mirror adjuster knob, and into the speakers.

Is there anything i can do to stop the leaking? I dont think it is alot of water, but i still dont like it leaking.

I was just wondering if there were any tips, like putting rubber reguvinisor (sp.. sorry) on it, to seal it up better... ect.

victimizati0n
01-02-2006, 01:14 PM
does anyone know how to fix this????????

It is raining now, and there is water leaking in where the black part after the window is (by the side mirror)

Rally Sport
01-04-2006, 05:25 AM
Well dont know about a 4th gen but in a 3rd gen Camaro you would take off your door and see something like this..

http://www.thirdgen.org/newdesign/tech/images/doorpanel11.jpg

You would then proceed to loosen both of them, dont take em off but loosen them and then move them up a bit, you got to play around with them until you figure out which is the best setting for you. Hope this helps ya out and maybe a 4th gen Camaro owner can confirm this.

victimizati0n
01-04-2006, 05:17 PM
Well dont know about a 4th gen but in a 3rd gen Camaro you would take off your door and see something like this..

http://www.thirdgen.org/newdesign/tech/images/doo.jpg

You would then proceed to loosen both of them, dont take em off but loosen them and then move them up a bit, you got to play around with them until you figure out which is the best setting for you. Hope this helps ya out and maybe a 4th gen Camaro owner can confirm this.

thanks alot, but that isnt my problem.

I figured out that it is acually not the window, but the side mirror piece where it meets with the weatherstripping.

THanks for helping though :)

bag91
01-05-2006, 06:34 PM
thanks alot, but that isnt my problem.

I figured out that it is acually not the window, but the side mirror piece where it meets with the weatherstripping.

THanks for helping though :)
My trunk only leaks on an incline (driveway), then if I back it in the driveway it leaks under my back seat. Puddles like 3 inches deep...lol
Happens every winter

Add your comment to this topic!