Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

96 G/A 2.4L 4sp Auto ETS & ABS Lights

rljt60
11-30-2005, 11:53 AM
The ABS & ETS (Enhanced Traction System) lights are on. Bought the car with half the engine in the trunk. Appeared someone tried to fix it in an apt parking lot then moved away. Replaced the 2.4L engine and passenger side CV joint as the band had been broken off. Car runs fine now with no jerks or pauses. Power is ok.

Trying to get ABS & ETS lights to go out. Emergency brake releases fine and Brake light goes out. All wheel sensor wires hooked up and look good. Bled two ports on ABS tower and saw no air. Have 12 volts going to button on auto transmission lever. Button switch is working properly. When I checked fuses under hood next to battery I showed 14 volts on all fuses except for 20amp ABS fuse. It had 2.3 volts.

Why would that show only 2.3 volts? Is there an ETS or ABS relay hidden in the system that could cause this? If so, where are they. Is there a solenoid somewhere (maybe in the transmission?) that could be causing this?

There are no codes in the computer and like I said car runs fine and handles well (no shimmy). Other than my questions, any other suggestions what could be causing this? All wires and engine/tranny grounds look good. Many thanks for your help, Bill

rljt60
11-30-2005, 05:19 PM
Turns out the 40amp fuse in the engine compartment fuse center feeds through a "Electronic Brake Control Relay" to the EBCModule and the ABS/EVO 20amp fuse which is also in the engine compartment fuse center. This 20amp fuse is where I am reading the 2.3 volts so I suspect the "EBC relay" is the culprit. Anyone know where the relay is located?

Add your comment to this topic!