previa rough start 164,000

I <3 my toyota
11-29-2005, 11:59 PM
I bought my 95 previa s/c at 33,000 miles and dont regret one single minute done all routine check ups and oil changes nothing major has ever gone wrong with the car. Now Im at 164.000 miles and all the sudden one day i get in it on a cold morning and it starts up rough so i gave it some gas and it was still running rough i put it drive thinking that might help but it didnt it sounded like the engine was struggling, i floored it and it didnt move like it use to, then after a few minutes of starting and stopping it would go back to normal sounds and the way it drove and this would happen everytime I would start the car. This happened last week during thanksgiving when i needed my car so i kept driving it and then this week i started it and it was rough i put it in gear and it idled fine and then on the way to work one afternoon the check engine light came on and i also noticed the heater wasnt working the other morning. Now im contimplating whether to take it to the dealer or just try to fix it myself. Has anyone else had this problem or one similiar? help

akw01
04-02-2006, 01:43 PM
we had something similar on 2001 Previa GS 2.4. in June 05. (68000miles)
had manoverter converter (whatever that is ) replaced- total cost came to 700+ uk .
Now the same thing is happening again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KimMG
04-05-2006, 01:39 AM
Take it to Autozone and have the codes read.
What do you mean by the heater not working? Fan? Cold air?
Is your car running hot? Normal?
Check oil and coolant levels.

tulihk
07-15-2006, 11:07 PM
Did you ever figure out what was causing the problem. Ocasionaly I am having similar problem. I took it to a mechanic. He test drove it and told me every things was working fine. He suggested brining it back when the problem re-occurs.

Add your comment to this topic!