Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

4t60e Tranny Out Or??????????

GUNNER01
11-29-2005, 06:03 PM
I Have A 95 Gt. When I Take Off From A Stop It Has No Guts Until I Dump It In Low Or 2 As The Selector Shows. Ocassionally It Will Not Go Into Over Drive Either. I Paid To Have The Trans Diagnosed At A Local Goodwrench Shop. They Told Me The Selinoids Were Out Both Of Them And That The Tranny Was Defaulting Into Third. I Since Replaced The Selinoids And Have The Same Identical Problems. Also Changed Vacum Module. Any Clue? RELAY SENSOR ANYTHING BUT THE TRANNY.

98 pontiac
12-12-2005, 01:08 AM
hi there i recentley inquired the same problems as u and did the same as u ,, well i learned that there is a separate compartment for this specific tranny , which contains the final drive gears this compartment is located completely to the passenger side of the tranny on the very end nearest the drive shaft , there u will find a power source plug directly ontop of that end of the transmission ,,, and just to the right of it if u were on top of the car looking down on it in the engine carpartment is a little screw there remove this screw and then pull out the power plug ,, it should pull right out ,, feel inside there to see if it appears wet , if not and there are metal grindings in there ,, that is quite possibly your problem,,,, (because it went dry) and short of replaceing the whole transmission i would say your best bet is to replace that end , (comes off with two mount bolts and a few bolts on the end of the tranny , visible once the drive axel is taken out ,but if there is metal grindings in your tranny pan or there is clutch grindings , it is sugjested that u replace the entire transmission , if u need further information or want to talk to me u sure can

Sincerely rachel :sunglasse

Add your comment to this topic!