Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Cooling fans?

recor
11-29-2005, 01:22 PM
I recently had a problem with my car about a month ,it was overheating so I took it to Midas they said both of my cooling fans went out. they said it would cost $600. for 2 used fans. I had it towed back home to a local mechcanic and he said it was the thermastat and it cost $60.. Midas is the biggest rip ever.

CraigFL
11-30-2005, 06:58 AM
I recently had a problem with my car about a month ,it was overheating so I took it to Midas they said both of my cooling fans went out. they said it would cost $600. for 2 used fans. I had it towed back home to a local mechcanic and he said it was the thermastat and it cost $60.. Midas is the biggest rip ever.

I know you think they tried to screw you but I believe thay are just poor at diagnosing the real problem. Some places just don't want to take the time or have the skills to do an accurate diagnosis so they just potshot it. (Or maybe they just didn't want the job). In my business, we spend a lot of time finding out what the real problem is so we can have a good, accurate estimate -- then we live(and die) by it. A lot of the time it involves labor that we really don't get paid for but that's the way we structured the business...

Chevy4life1985
11-30-2005, 08:04 AM
I agree with Craig. However they could have been trying to screw you.

Add your comment to this topic!